When adding oil to your conditioner...

chestnutblonde

do you add it directly to the bottle or add some to your hair before conditioning??? I'm thinking about adding some olive oil or jojoba oil to my 10 in 1 but I dont know if I should just add it to the container or in my hair before conditioning. Can you ladies let me know what you do? Thanks in advance. :confused:

chestnutblonde said:
do you add it directly to the bottle or add some to your hair before conditioning??? I'm thinking about adding some olive oil or jojoba oil to my 10 in 1 but I dont know if I should just add it to the container or in my hair before conditioning. Can you ladies let me know what you do? Thanks in advance. :confused:

when im using my olive oil cholesterol, i'll add some drops of hollywood beauty oil to the conditioner and leave it on as a baggie for a while..it really leaves my hair soft and only a little oil is needed after i rinse it out..

so basically i add it to the conditioner and then to my hair after- although since i always use oil on my hair some remnants may be left in my hair before then...

I will usually put the olive oil in the product and mix it but I never thought to just put the oil on my hair after the conditioner?! Same results I'm guessing.

Girl YES!!! I whipped up a batch of 10 en 1 w/EVOO and honey. I made it on friday night, and used it on my daughter it came out really nice and moistured, oiled both scalp and hair w/o leaving it oily. On sunday I used on myself, letting it sit for a few days advice of Divine Inspiration if I'm correct, and it was even better. It's like a Hot oil treatment, and DC/protein treatment all in one. I think if I keep this up I won't need to use a clear rinse for shine, along w/my ACV rinse.
chestnutblonde said:

Hi I just wanted some advice, I have no ideal what everyone is talking about I am new to the site and I am doing the Cathy Howse products and reading her book but my hair is so dry and is still breaking. I am trying to grow it back its cut short very short. I have about five inches on top and about 2 on sides and back real short. I hate it

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Girl YES!!! I whipped up a batch of 10 en 1 w/EVOO and honey. I made it on friday night, and used it on my daughter it came out really nice and moistured, oiled both scalp and hair w/o leaving it oily. On sunday I used on myself, letting it sit for a few days advice of Divine Inspiration if I'm correct, and it was even better. It's like a Hot oil treatment, and DC/protein treatment all in one. I think if I keep this up I won't need to use a clear rinse for shine, along w/my ACV rinse.

BWE, I'm glad this worked out for you!!! I knew I wasn't crazy...it really does work better!
To answer the OP, I mix mine in a mixing bowl like it's color. I apply it to stubborn new growth with a coloring brush then use my hand to slather it through the length and concentrate it on the ends.
I'll bump the thread that BWE was referring to, but basically I was saying that I mix my concoction on say Saturday morning and let it sit in the microwave (to keep it from molding/spoiling) until Sunday evening or Monday when I'm ready to poo/DC. I noticed that my con was SOOO much more effective when I was doing this so I asked if anyone else was doin it too.

As far as the oil is concerned, I like EVOO (heavy oil) or Aceite 3 (light oil). I tried jojoba oil in the DC once and it just didn't seem as effective. The EVOO really infuses my hair and gives it elasticity. The Aceite 3 is light and stays on my hair for days after the poo/DC and it gives me hair MEGA shine.

HTH... :D

I will add a little to the conditioner that I am about to put in my hair (e.g. a dollop of conditioner in my hand...I pour a little EVOO/Botanic Oil in my hand rub together and apply to my hair). I sometimes add to the whole bottle. That works well too-generally I reserve that for Mane 'N Tail Conditioner and my S-Curl. Those are the only two that I add oil to in the actual bottle.

I added some shea butter oil to my Miss Key 10 in 1. I'm going to use it this weekend and hopefully I get some great results. Last week when I washed my hair it was very dull. Hopefully the oil in the conditioner will add some luster to my hair.

It varies for me! I will either, add the oil directly to the bottle of conditioner or mix them together in a different container.

I usually do one of the following
1. mix it in a cup with the conditioner
2. put the oil in my hair first, then put the conditioner on.

I put my conditioner in first, then apply my oils to the last few inches of my hair, put on a cap and sit under the dryer.

luvSLave said:
I put my conditioner in first, then apply my oils to the last few inches of my hair, put on a cap and sit under the dryer.

OT: Hey girl!!! :wave: How ya been? I was just thinking of you the other day...

Divine Inspiration said:
OT: Hey girl!!! :wave: How ya been? I was just thinking of you the other day...
Hola!:wave:
I can't complain...been keeping busy. Still discovering the many uses of DDTA (works great as a creme rinse). Congrats on still being on the Xmas stretch. My hair wants to be just like yours when it grows up...lol.

luvSLave said:
Hola!:wave:
I can't complain...been keeping busy. Still discovering the many uses of DDTA (works great as a creme rinse). Congrats on still being on the Xmas stretch. My hair wants to be just like yours when it grows up...lol.

:lachen: Girl you are hilarious! DDTA is a force to be reckoned with...next week I'm gonna try DDGB (ginseng boost)...I'll PM you and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the compliments mama! You're so sweet. :kiss: :Rose:

Back