Affirm Relaxer Users/Purchasers

Neroli

I will be purchasing the Affirm system from Sheldez (my dominician sylist will give me a price break for bringing own product!) AND I can be assured that the RIGHT stuff is being using. I intend to buy the following and would appreciate feedback from those who purchase this relaxer system:

1. Protecto
2. Preservo: Do I really need this & does it work with the "lye" system or just with fiberguard?
3. Conditioning Creme Relaxer Mild (lye)
4. 5 in 1 [OR] Positive Link: Can't decide which & may purchase both & use 5in1 after relaxer & positive link after 'pooing . . .
5. Normalizing Shampoo

All feedback and input will be greatly appreciated, particularly whether Preservo is necessary and whether whether Positive Link or 5 in 1 or both. I have 4b hair. TIA!

ladylibra_30

everything sounds good. you can use the preservo after the normalizing wash. this is what it does:preservoTM Chemical Block

Helps hair retain tensile strength and elasticity.

Conditions, moisturizes and volumizes.

Decreases porosity.

Retards breakage and shedding.

Helps weak, brittle hair ends become more pliable.

Imparts a smooth, silky feel.

Helps retain hair length and fullness.
As Intensive Conditioning Treatment

Micro-molecular proteins and humectants penetrate deep within the hairshaft to repair fiber damage, moisturize and fortify.

Special polymers realign, seal and smooth the cuticle layer, which provides hair with a silky texture and incredible shine.

Helps hair resist breakage and shedding.

Minimizes surface porosity.

Adds fullness and body to hair.

Detangles hair easily and aids in wet and dry combing.

so, your retouch should go something like this:
1-apply protecto
2-apply conditioning lye relaxer
3-apply 5-in-1 (under warm dryer)
4-wash w/neutralizing shampoo
5-apply preservo (under warm dryer)

Neroli

Thanks Ladylibra. I thought preservo was to be applied BEFORE the relaxer on previously relaxed hair/ends in order to "block" the relaxer from activating on that portion of the hair and prevent over-lapping? Is preservo a conditioner? Thanks again!

Cowgirl

Thanks for the question Neroli and the info LadyLibra. I am about to hit the Sheldeez site and order the exact same products. I was hoping Bunny could find it at the hair show this weekend but Avalon was not a vendor, so I'm stuck with the 40lb tub of relaxer from Sheldeez.

That was also my understanding of the Preservo. I use the affirm no-lye now and the preservo that came with the relaxer said to apply to previously relaxed hair before applying the relaxer. Is this different if using the lye instead of the no-lye?