Afro Detangler WORKS--you just gotta follow instructions!

CurlyGirly327

I've had a gallon-sized bottle of Afro Detangler that I bought over a year ago. It seemed like a really good product for my 4B natural hair, but I never really saw any results from using it. I used to put a pump's worth (about 2 quarters-size) all over my hair, avoiding my scalp. It would make my hair softer, but not REALLY soft, like that "ooooooooh!" feeling, ya know?

So, I did a search on the board for feedback on other members' experience with using AfroDetangler, and I found a couple of threads in which members asked if it was really necessary and cost-effective to apply the product according to the instructions, which say to apply it three times. To see for myself, I went back and tried it. I shampooed with Phyto Organics Theratin Extreme Moisture Shampoo, deep conditioned (without heat) with Phyto Organics Enphuse Intensive Reconstructor, then applied the Afro Detangler to my towel-dried hair. I waited maybe 20 minutes, then applied it again and detangled my hair with a wide-toothed comb, then brushed my hair with my Denman brush. I went to bed, and then this morning I sprayed my hair with my aloe vera gel diluted with distilled water to dampen it, then applied more Afro Detangler and combed through. Today my hair is super-soft! Even my crunchy ends--that are in desperate need of a trim but I'm too chicken to trim myself or trust to a stylist--are really, really soft! And I lost almost NO hair, even with brushing damp hair!

So, I learned my lesson--follow directions before judging a product's effectiveness!

nikkivale

CurlyGirly327 said:
I've had a gallon-sized bottle of Afro Detangler that I bought over a year ago. It seemed like a really good product for my 4B natural hair, but I never really saw any results from using it. I used to put a pump's worth (about 2 quarters-size) all over my hair, avoiding my scalp. It would make my hair softer, but not REALLY soft, like that "ooooooooh!" feeling, ya know?

So, I did a search on the board for feedback on other members' experience with using AfroDetangler, and I found a couple of threads in which members asked if it was really necessary and cost-effective to apply the product according to the instructions, which say to apply it three times. To see for myself, I went back and tried it. I shampooed with Phyto Organics Theratin Extreme Moisture Shampoo, deep conditioned (without heat) with Phyto Organics Enphuse Intensive Reconstructor, then applied the Afro Detangler to my towel-dried hair. I waited maybe 20 minutes, then applied it again and detangled my hair with a wide-toothed comb, then brushed my hair with my Denman brush. I went to bed, and then this morning I sprayed my hair with my aloe vera gel diluted with distilled water to dampen it, then applied more Afro Detangler and combed through. Today my hair is super-soft! Even my crunchy ends--that are in desperate need of a trim but I'm too chicken to trim myself or trust to a stylist--are really, really soft! And I lost almost NO hair, even with brushing damp hair!

So, I learned my lesson--follow directions before judging a product's effectiveness!

Ugh! just when i wasn't going to buy anymore products! :)
But i want to try this and plus i'd be supporting Robin Woods, her site is really informative and helpful to me

ladylibra

CurleeDST said:
do they sell this in smaller sizes

no, but i just ordered some and i'm willing to sell some sample sizes to people who would like to try it. haven't decided on prices or amounts yet but PM me :grin:

sareca

I've always found this product tempting, but I didn't hear much good about it. A little here and there, but not long rave threads. I didn't even realize people weren't using it as directed.