After Color Touchup Time Span

love2praz

Good Morning everyone! I colored my hair 2 weeks ago and I am now due for a touchup (12 weeks post relaxer). Is it too soon to touchup my new growth? The reason I ask is because I am beginning to experience a lot of breakage. (I was really trying to go for 16 weeks but really can't.)

I want to touchup on Friday. That will make 2.5 weeks since I colored my hair.

Can anyone advise what I should do?
confused.gif

Did you use a permanent color?? If so, I think it's risky to use a relaxer so soon after coloring. You're supposed to relax first, then color. I'd definitely try to wait at least 4 weeks, and even that's pushing it, IMO.

If you're losing too much hair and you really CAN'T wait, then just go on and do it, and hope for the best.
ohwell.gif

If it's a semi-perm color that you used, I think you'll be ok relaxing now.
smile.gif

Thank you for your response, Lindy. It is permanent color--Texture and Tones that everyone has been raving about (with beautiful results). I initially did it for a change and I really thought I was going to be able to wait to 16 weeks (another 6 weeks after coloring) to touch up. But the breakage has really begun to increase between my two textures.

So, there's no hope?
perplexed.gif
I should still wait?
frown.gif

Did you use a very light color?? (The lighter the color, the more, or stronger, peroxide, I think...)

Honestly, I would try to wait AT LEAST two more weeks if I were you... maybe keep your hair in a bun for a couple of weeks...
wink.gif

I agree with Lindy on this. Try to wait as long as you can, and in the meantime, condition, condition, condition.

I used T&T Bronze. I didn't keep it in too long (just 15 minutes) since I didn't want a drastic color change.

I may have to do braidouts during that timeframe. (Right now, a bun makes my hairline look 2 inches thick!!)
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
love2praz said:
(Right now, a bun makes my hairline look 2 inches thick!!)
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif
I hear ya!!!

So, you've joined the T&T Bronze Club, huh??
clap.gif
Yay!! Another satisfied customer!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Also, it may help to do a heavy duty protein treatment at the shampoo before you relax. (Like Nexxus Emergencee or Aphogee). Good luck!! And next time remember to always relax first!!
smile.gif

Oh yes! I have definitely joined the T&T Bronze Club!
smile.gif

I had some year old dye on my ends that I had to match up to make my hair all one color. My hair didn't get much lighter since I didn't want anything too drastic; however, it is noticeable. I am very pleased with the results!
clap.gif

Thank you again for you advice!
smile.gif

Back