After the big chop what's next?? help *pics*

sheree

Hi ladies just decided to do the big chop after 10 weeks of transitioning can't afford anymore weaves lol, i need help on what to do with my hair its really short, i dnt realy have i regimen and i have all the conditioners i used for my relaxed hair,can i use them for my natural hair?? can you ladies help with my hair type and products i can use please??

Attachments

• the big chop 021.jpg
    the big chop 021.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 124
  • the big chop 023.jpg
    the big chop 023.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 127

Millahdoowop

I like to use the Pantene Pro-V shampoo and conditioner on my hair, but mainly the conditioner. I use the conditioner for my cowash, it's the one that says "Curls" on it. It use to be hydrating curls, but I'm guessing they changed the formula. I'm still looking for a good moisturizer. Cantu shea butter line is okay for me... for now. I'm still not satisfied with a moisturizer yet. And ummm... that's pretty much it. Fantasia IC Gel is good for making curls pop and laying hair down. HTH!!!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
U go, girl! I couldn't see the pics that well, but it looks like you still have a lot of hair for that short of transition!:yep: It looks so pretty and curly.

~~HoneyComb~~

Your hair is beautiful!!! Congratulations!! The only advice I have is to keep it simple. Enjoy your short hair. Condition & moisturize regularly. And right now I would suggest not going overboard with products. If you find one that works, stick with it! It's very easy to become a product junkie in the beginning stages of being natural. Enjoy!

LadyKaypnyc

Congrats on your BC!! Your texture is lovely...Try the products that you currently have and if they work for you, then keep em.

Check my fotki for a list of products.

(It's unlocked)

Mandy4610

When I BCed I still used the products I had from my relaxer days. They worked just fine. After a while I tried some natural products, I did not see any difference. I have gone back to some products from my relaxer days and I have kept some natural products in my regimen. You can have a look at my album for some products I have tried.
http://public.fotki.com/Mwando/
I BCed after about 10 weeks post too. WOW, you have a lot of hair for 10 wks. Your pics were not clar so I am not sure what texture you are, but I think it is pretty no matter what texture you have.

NaturallyGraceful

Your hair is beautiful!!! Congratulations!! The only advice I have is to keep it simple. Enjoy your short hair. Condition & moisturize regularly. And right now I would suggest not going overboard with products. If you find one that works, stick with it! It's very easy to become a product junkie in the beginning stages of being natural. Enjoy!

ITA with this entire post. KISS!!
I have used natural products about 98% of the time and I have to say that my hair has been extremely healthy this entire journey-no dryness & no split ends ever.
Figure out which products/ingredients nourish your hair & build up from there. Always have a good moisturizing conditioner as your base because natural hair can't get enough of it. Water,Water,Water is your friend so wet it up whenever you can especially since it's about to get cold outside.
I BC'd in August so I had a short while to enjoy WNG's before it got too cold.

Speaking of cold,get your thoughts together now on how you're gonna handle it. Are you going to get up real early to allow for dry time or you gonna get some wigs & hats(invest in a snood or two for emergencies). Nothing worse than getting up late & looking at sqooshed TWA hair.

HTH's,
T.