After you wash and dry your hair...

teysmith

Do your hair look a hot mess after its been washed and dried?? Mine does!!! regardless of if it has been air dried or blow dried it looks terrible!! It looks damaged and helpless. Even the texure of my hair looks crazy up until I add in some product(moisturizer):sad:
When I look at it I feel so discouraged...

How does your hair look after its been washed and dried? I'm I the only one whos hair looks a mess?

I hope not:perplexed

meecee

It looks a mess sometimes. I usually have to tie it down and bun it for it to have some act right again.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Yeah, TS! Mine Always Looks A Hotmess.:rolleyes:

Great Products but Bad Skills/Technique.:perplexed

My Goal is to focus on this more in the New Year and less on products.

I have to get my skills/techniques on point. Plus, I am at a very awkward length, so that doesn't help either.:nono:

melissa-bee

It depends what you do with it. I wash, condition, towel dry a bit, add moisturiser, put in 6 braids, then air dry. Then i flat iron the next day. I don't think anyone likes to air dry loose, they either use rollers, braids or a stretched style.

vkb247

I never wash my hair and let it dry without any product on it. But if I only just out moisturizer in it than it is a horrible looking twa because my hair has a stupid shape because of the different textures on my head, trims I have given myself in just some parts of my hair, and ends that need to be trimmed in other parts. I can't bear cutting off everything that needs to go all at one time so I hide the mess in my curls.

JJamiah

Actually I changed my dryer and it relieved that problem. BUTTT>........ It always looks the same when I air dry. Once I upgraded to a better dryer my hair actually comes out great no need to flat iron! :)

Oh yeah, I add my little products, herstyler serum and argan oil. :)

Last edited:

fattyfatfat

I air dry, but my hair ALWAYS looks a HAM when its dry. It looks so damaged, but I dont think it is. I use good products, but my technique is waaaaay off.

teysmith

Yeah, TS! Mine Always Looks A Hotmess.:rolleyes:

Great Products but Bad Skills/Technique.:perplexed

My Goal is to focus on this more in the New Year and less on products.

I have to get my skills/techniques on point. Plus, I am at a very awkward length, so that doesn't help either.:nono:

yes me too. that just makes it worse for me..

teysmith

I air dry, but my hair ALWAYS looks a HAM when its dry. It looks so damaged, but I dont think it is. I use good products, but my technique is waaaaay off.

Yes mines also looks damaged. Every time after my wash I get so depressed to the point where I feel like I just want to cut it all off!!
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one...

MizAvalon

When it's airdried it looks a hot mess. Blowdried, it looks nice.

I wish I could blowdry it all the time.

CurlyNue

I always add moisturizer right out of the shower. I want to capture every drop of moisture left on my hair. Never ever do I allow my hair to dry without putting it in braids, twists, or something so that it does not dry looking like messy hotness. Once it drys, usually 24 hours, I take down and either flat iron or fingercomb into a style I like. I have been where you are; I just needed to experiment until I found what works best for my hair.

Nonie

My hair is usually in twists or braids when I wash it and airdry and I don't usually take it out of that style so it doesn't look any different. In fact, my hair in twists looks better after it's been washed and drip dried. I don't bother it so it sorta shrinks and takes it's "chill" state which means the ends turn into cute coils. My hair usually looks better after it's been washed and air-dried coz it's usually in a "permanent" style that isn't affected.

This is the completely airdried hair:

And a close-up:

When I haven't been in braids or twists and airdried, it's usually been combed out after S Curl has been applied and so again, it air-dries in a style I personally create and so it doesn't look a mess, IMO :look: Maybe it shrinks to its most compact size, but I don't mind:

However, while it doesn't look bad to me, I admit it doesn't feel so great to touch until I apply some more S Curl to it once dry and baggy for the night. For some reason it dries up somewhat crunchy if I apply S Curl to damp hair. But after applying S Curl to dry hair and baggying, I have soft hair for days.

brucebettye

You are not alone. My hair drys into a cotton ball of dry frizzy hair. I am just used to adding product to make my hair look a certain way. And since my nape is a couple inches longer than the rest of my hair I have a mullet going on and I use hair products and accessories to hide that fact.

HeChangedMyName

Do your hair look a hot mess after its been washed and dried?? Mine does!!! regardless of if it has been air dried or blow dried it looks terrible!! It looks damaged and helpless. Even the texure of my hair looks crazy up until I add in some product(moisturizer):sad:
When I look at it I feel so discouraged...

How does your hair look after its been washed and dried? I'm I the only one whos hair looks a mess?

I hope not:perplexed

oh my gawd. I am so glad I am not alone. I thought I had seriously been doing something wrong. My hair NEVER looks good when it's freshly washed and dried. I HAVE to load up on products in order for it to look like something. Then I have to heat it up and/or tie it down in order for it to be smooth.

I've been wondering about this lately actually. With all the crap we do to our hair, is it really getting better or worse, considering that many of us are relying on products to make it look good.

I remember back in the day when all you needed was a brush and some blu magic. No leave in, conditioner was never mandatory, and any cheapie shampoo that cleaned your hair did the trick.

WHAT HAD HAPPENED?????????????????????????

We got a product for all these problems, but how do we get rid of these problems?

kismettt

...pic deleted :)

lol. it just looks HUGE.

my natural hair was 10x bigger when it was blow dryed, so this is quite nice. lol :)

air dried? :nono:

Last edited:

teysmith

oh my gawd. I am so glad I am not alone. I thought I had seriously been doing something wrong. My hair NEVER looks good when it's freshly washed and dried. I HAVE to load up on products in order for it to look like something. Then I have to heat it up and/or tie it down in order for it to be smooth.

I've been wondering about this lately actually. With all the crap we do to our hair, is it really getting better or worse, considering that many of us are relying on products to make it look good.

I remember back in the day when all you needed was a brush and some blu magic. No leave in, conditioner was never mandatory, and any cheapie shampoo that cleaned your hair did the trick.

WHAT HAD HAPPENED?????????????????????????

We got a product for all these problems, but how do we get rid of these problems?

wow, exactly!!

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
to be honest. my hair looks great after washing and drying. i just use a good conditioner. what products do you use to wash with and dc with?

PPGbubbles

My air dried texture is a H.A.M. there is nothing cute about my towel dried loose hair... I kinda look like side show bob

My hair need product so it doesnt look dry.... no matter how much I condition

and I need to either flat twist, cornrow, or braid to add definition and purpose to it if I airdry.

You are not alone hunny!

MissNina

Libra Girl
Before you airdry, run A LITTLE bit of castor oil or serum (chi silk infusion, etc) on your hair. It will make it airdry very smooth and soft. It won't look crazy.