Ahhhhhh!!!! Puffy Roots

G

I just joined this site and I've tried washing my hair for the first time in years (I used to abuse hair salons)provided the suggestions I learned on the boards.....I have good results and for as moisture and softness but I have these awful puffy swollen roots (suprisingly I had a touch up 2 wks ago). Girls tell me what to do? Also, I need to know (especially from 4a-4b's (relaxed)) how often is good to regular wash, condition wash, rinses, and protein wash?
<font color="orange"> </font> .....That's a mouthful let me know if you need any further clarification.....Thanks

pebbles

Hi twixie,

Welcome to the board!

If you have swollen roots and you just had a touch-up 2 weeks ago, then I would guess your hair is underprocessed. You may need to switch brands and strength, or make sure that the relaxer is allowed to stay on long enough to do the job.

As for washing, I recommend that you wash your hair every 3 days, and try to follow that up with a 15 minute deep conditioning treatment. If you can't manage that then at least once a week. Protein treatments should be done once every 4-6 weeks to maintain the strength of your hair. Always follow a protein treatment with a deep conditioning moisturizing treatment.

NYCchild

[ QUOTE ]
try to follow that up with a 15 minute deep conditioning treatment.

Always follow a protein treatment with a deep conditioning moisturizing treatment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pebs. what products do u recommend for a deep cond. treatment?

tanxs

pebbles

Hi NYCchild,

Keracare Humecto is excellent. Mizani Moisturfuse is great too. I also like Nexxus Humectress.

pebbles

I've also started using Paul Mitchell's Supercharged moisturizing treatment thanks to Sweetcocoa. (it's expensive) I like it a lot too.

lunalight7

Twixie,
I wash weekly after doing a hot oil treatment. I use Nexxus Keraphix as a protein conditioner one week prior to relaxing (every eight weeks). I like Pantene Smooth and sleek, Loreal Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment, Nexuss Humectress, and Keracare Humecto as deep conditioners. I will try conditioner washes this summer because I will probably rinse my hair every couple of days. Hope this helps!

Chichi

HI,

Try some John Frieda Texture correcting serum when your hair is wet (before rollersetting). This shuld alleviate some of the puffiness.

Happy hair growing!

Chichi