Air drying relaxed hair?

Babs77

Hi,

I want to wash my hair every week but I don't know how to air dry my relaxed 4a/4b hair so it will be straight? Right now I blow dry and flat iron, I want to stop using heat as much as possible.

Thanks.

G

You can try the ponytail method. You can do a search for that

jrw

I dry my hair in a ponytail. Also, drying it overnight in a bun and letting it dry loose in the morning as I'm getting ready also helps. You can also do a single braid. My hair comes out fairly straight.

felicia

i wrap my hair, put my leave ins on, and cover it with a satin scarf. the next morning i comb it down and put it in a bun. it comes out just as straight as blow drying except for the roots.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
--sitting under a hooded dryer for about 15 minutes with your wet hair hanging straight seems to get it off to a smooth drying start

--also, I do a 2-sided wrap with my hair and tie it up after it is about 85% dry. It is quite straight and smooth the next morning.

katie

You can also try using a good serum if you get frizzies after airdrying.Loreal Smooth Intense serum really helped me perfect airdrying.

natasha

I usually doobie my hair and it always comes out well. You wash and roll with magnetic rollers. Let air dry (really important for hair to lay flat on rollers!). Once air dried (usually over night) you can take out rollers and wrap hair and hair is bouncy and very shiny if you do it right! This works really well. Lots of ladies on the board doobie. if you are in a time crunch you can sit under a hooded drier.
HTH
natasha

nmfsc

I do the same as Natasha and my hair comes out very nice, shiny and bouncy. Just make sure you smoothe out the hair before placing on the rollers.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Natasha

I am trying to learn how to do a dobbie. Do you comb or brush when you are doing one. I think that I am brushing too much of the curl out and it becomes flat. I have short ear lenght hair

Victorian

old head
Is your hair completely relaxed ("bone straight")? If so, I agree with katie that a good serum might be what you need. I recommend John Frieda Relax Texture Correcting serum. I let my hair airdry straight down.

Karonica

Hot 6 Oil helps kill some frizzies for me. I just pull all my hair back and clip it up so that it isn't hanging. This helps as well. Once semi-dry, I wrap it.