Air drying relaxed hair

Lilmama1011

those who air dry, do you style it while its wet or literally let it hang freely? Because if I air dry I don't know what to do after. I even wet wrapped and it was so horrible!! Ugh so horrible, a puffy frizzy mess. What to do because I would love to air dry

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
If I'm not being lazy, I rollerset on big plastic rollers.
If I am being lazy, I braid it or put it in a couple of ponytails and leave it to hang free. When everything is fully dry, I wrap overnight and it comes out pretty sleek and smooth.

Lilmama1011

Chaosbutterfly said:
If I'm not being lazy, I rollerset on big plastic rollers.
If I am being lazy, I braid it or put it in a couple of ponytails and leave it to hang free. When everything is fully dry, I wrap overnight and it comes out pretty sleek and smooth.

I will try that thanks!

Dposh167

My air dry styles are pretty basic. Usually 2 low ponytails behind the ears. Or ill do plait braids all over for a braid out. Ill do half up half down ponytails and make them into buns. Most of my styles are styles that are slicked back. And then ill put my silk scarf on the scalp part to keep the first half of my hair down. Im texlaxed so air drying leaving too much hair out will result in tangled rough unruly hair

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I airy dry all day every day but I don't ever style my hair so I can totally feel you right now. I air dry until it's completely dry and then up in a bun or 8 celie braids under a wig. LOL

Lilmama1011

poochie167 said:
My air dry styles are pretty basic. Usually 2 low ponytails behind the ears. Or ill do plait braids all over for a braid out. Ill do half up half down ponytails and make them into buns. Most of my styles are styles that are slicked back. And then ill put my silk scarf on the scalp part to keep the first half of my hair down. Im texlaxed so air drying leaving too much hair out will result in tangled rough unruly hair

I have relaxed and did a braid out and it was so ugly, I did it when it was wet and moisturized it and braided it and it was a dry looking mess even after adding more moisture too it in the morning, it looked like i had a slight fro lol and from some reason I can't Bantu, I feel like I can't do nothing to my hair,surprised I have hair smh, I roller set and can't get it to the root but the curls looks nice but nice enough to keep the curl so I waste my time and end up wrapping it smh

Lilmama1011

pre_medicalrulz said:
I airy dry all day every day but I don't ever style my hair so I can totally feel you right now. I air dry until it's completely dry and then up in a bun or 8 celie braids under a wig. LOL

I just be wanting to air dry it but slick it back with pomade or jam after I moisturize and do a bun but it not that simple, but I have to try the stocking because the donut I got for my hair is to thick for my thin hair

silenttullip

for the Braidout did you do large or small braids? I find medium or small ones come out more moist and defined with air drying

Lilmama1011

silenttullip said:
for the Braidout did you do large or small braids? I find medium or small ones come out more moist and defined with air drying

Small, it had a little wave to it, it was very disappointing

Lilmama1011

naturalpride said:
I let my hair hang until 90-95% dry then I moisturize and seal. Then I twist my hair in four.

That's sounds simple, I will try that, I can't stand the dryer, it makes me aggravated, even under the dryer for a hour ain't enough time for my hair to be dry, my roots be still damp, so I have limp curls

3jsmom

Moving to District 13
What I do is moisturize and seal and do medium twist and then put rollers on my ends for a curl under look, I love it!!! Especially while I am stretching.

Mische

If I'm not too far post I like to let it hang down with a scarf around my edges. I apply my leave-ins when my hair is no longer dripping, and run my fingers through my hair as it dries. I pick apart small tangles that the comb didn't catch and smooth the ends. Once it's about 80% dry, I apply a little more oil (usually Vatika Frosting) to help smooth it. My hair airdries super silky and flowy this way.

I also love to airdry in braids because braidouts are one of my favorite styles. I apply my leave-ins, throw in a bunch of braids and let my hair airdry overnight with perm rods on the ends. As long as my hair gets a chance to dry completely before take down, I get soft and bouncy results from doing this.

MsLi@512

I slick down the edges while damp, put on a scarf and leave the back out let and run fingers through while drying. When 60% dry I put in my leave ins, then when 90% dry put in a little more and seal with oil or a a serum and take off the scarf and toss it in a bun.

Or rollerset
Or braid it wet and put flexirods on the ends and let completely dry.
Just depends on my mood and tolerance or how far post I am.

SelfStyled

Yass! I cannot airdry with my hair down. I put in my leave ins, a serum/and or argan oil and either put my hair in 1 low bun in the center or 2 low buns on the sides. Gel down my edges and slap a silk scarf on. I also sit under a hooded dryer for 30 min ( unnecessary)- it just speeds up the airdry process for me because my hair is texlaxed, low porosity, and allows my cuticles to close.

janeemat

I don't airdry 100%. I put in my leave ins and comb my hair all the way back. I add a little serum on the edges and then wrap wrapping paper around my head letting my hair hang. I sit under the hooded dryer for abt 15 min then let it air dry. My hair comes out much smoother this way because the heat helps flatten the cuticles. I either bun or put in some flexi rods.

SuchaLady

Airdrying is my favorite method but I think I am going to have to rotate with some method that smooths my cuticle.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
SuchaLady

Thanks! Sorry, no blog.
The only thing I'm currently doing for almost a year now is wearing wigs every day as a protective style. Nothing creative and no hocus pocus. :lachen: