airdried=crispy!?!

melodee

I am doing mostly airdrying now that the weather is warmer using the ponytail method. My highlights are about 15 months old and are just about gone. But I notice that my airdried hair is hard and crispy, especially the highlighted ends.
mad.gif
Is there a remedy for hair airdried hair?

Pre-shampoo treatment with hot oil- sit under the dryer for 15-30 mins- once weekly, rinse shampoo, apply your cream leave-in conditioner and go.

Always condition after rinsing.

I read some posts where Elast QP Mango Butter was suggested. I just bought some today. I can't yet vouch for it, however. I plan to use it tomorrow night after my Tae Bo class! I can't wait.

The first time I airdryed it was mega crispy, I only used a leave in conditioner. I tried it again and I used shea/coca butter and motions leave in. It was too difficult to comb through the hair with the butter added. It was very good on my ends though, it sealed them, I did large braids and put rollers at the ends. Next time I air dry I will use motions leave in, an oil for the hair and shea butter for the ends.

Have you tried using Frizz-Ease or Shine frizz control serum? They used to work well for me when I used them and let my hair air dry...

[ QUOTE ]
patience said:
Have you tried using Frizz-Ease or Shine frizz control serum? They used to work well for me when I used them and let my hair air dry...

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
I ALWAYS use John Frieda Relax Retexturizing Serum EVERY TIME I wash my hair, whether I'm air-drying or relaxing. It's become a staple for me.
smile.gif

Same thing is happening to me. No matter how much moisturizer I put on my hair, it is horribly crispy
frown.gif
No more airdrying for me

Everyone is different but once a week I pre shampoo treat my hair with Ebene's Shea Butter Oil (or Olive oil), shampoo, deep condition (lately it's Rene Fuertere's Carthame, moisture condition with Humectress, John Frieda's Texture Correcting Serum on soaking wet hair, towel dry, then Humectress again, comb through, pull back in a ponytail and apply Carol's Daughter's Hair Milk on the ponytail.

At night, I spritz ponytail with distilled water/glycerin and slather on Ebene's shea butter hair creme and pin up in a bun.

Every morning I conditioner wash with Humectress, followed by John Freida, towel dry, etc...

The middle of the week I wash and do a quick Humectress conditioning in the shower and follow up with John Freida, towel dry, etc...

Sorry for such a long answer, but something in this routine gives me a soft curly ponytail and healthy, shiny, bouncing hair when I wear it down. I also installed a water softner 'cuz the water in Los Angeles is soooo hard.

For perfectly soft, bouncy, combable airdried hair, I use a leave and an oil or serum. I really like coconut oil or a mixture with it in it, and mango and shealoe butters and indian oils for this. The NTM serum is great for airdrying. My favorite leave-in for airdrying is Salerm 21. When I first started airdrying I was never able to comb my hair once it dried, or I would lose lots of hair. And the hair would be so big and the ends would be kinda frizzed. I have no problems now.

I always apply Salerm 21 leave-in before airdrying and I have no crispy or hard hair it is soft and moisturized.

I air dry with no problems. Question? When you guys say leave in do you mean a moisturizer or a leave in conditioner?

I use Nuetrogena triple moisturizer and Jon Frieda's textrue correcting serum and air dry in two cornrows or two ponytails and I have no problem. But when I tried to use a leave in conditioner John Frieda's Daily Nourishment Leave In, For example. My hair was dull and dry...Go figure my hair rejects all leave in conditioners.

[ QUOTE ]
Falon said:
I air dry with no problems. Question? When you guys say leave in do you mean a moisturizer or a leave in conditioner?

I use Nuetrogena triple moisturizer

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean you use the whole line or you use a particular product? If its a particular one, which is it?

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
I always apply Salerm 21 leave-in before airdrying and I have no crispy or hard hair it is soft and moisturized.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I always use Salerm 21 when airdrying.
smile.gif

I use both a leave-in and moisturizer. I am specifically speaking of when I do braidouts. My hair always ends up crispy by the end of the day.
When I air-dry in a pony everything is A-okay, weird isn't it
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bocagirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
Falon said:

I use Neutrogena triple moisturizer

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean you use the whole line or you use a particular product? If its a particular one, which is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave In Cream.

That's the only thing from Neutrogena I use.

I agree with ArmyQT. After the final rinse I apply Kids Organics Shea Butter Lotion and a few drops of avocado oil and french braid. --kc

I agree.. I don't know what else to use to stop getting crispy hair... and sugre is making my hair even harder.
Does anyone have an alternative to Salerm 21?

Kasey - your Organics Shea Butter, is it made by Africa Best?
I have that but I don't think it makes much difference to my hair

Back