ALICIA KEYS' HAIR at the BET awards!!

LaBelleLL

Ladies,
Did you guys see Alicia Keys' hair at the BET awards? Here you go:

I love love LOVE her hair. So with already having the volume and length, how do you think I could go about achieving this look? It looks like they used a curling iron; seeing as I don't want to add too much heat to my hair - what are some of the ways I could achieve this look? How could I braid my hair before doing a braid out? Any ideas??

I rod set my hair with the big rods and separate to make my hair look like a (shorter) version of this.

I think curlformers or flexirods would do this. Notice the top is flat so you could flat iron the top a little to get the same effect. She looks gorgeous!

I love her hair here. My twist n' curls come out a lot like that. The key is not to use a lot of product so the hair comes out silky and fluffy.

Her hair looked very nice. Poor thing she just can't seem to get the acne under control though. Oh well we all have our issues.

I have the same results with jumbo flexi rods. Just separate the curls.

Well..looking @ her curls again. I get the same results with the purple (medium sized?) flexi rods.

I've been wearing my hair like this since Friday and I did exactly what Butterfly said. I used medium magnetic rollers and set normally. I did not use setting lotion and only a little oil, which I knew from high school would make my hair fall in spirals.

The difference now is that my hair is significantly longer, so the curls all rest on my shoulders instead of at my ears and neck, and the spirals are elongated.

I am sure curlformers and rods would do, but I think an ordinary roller set would work too.

Once I was done, I blew out the roots to loosen it up and tossed it (upside down, yes :) ) and blew the curls to loosen them without separating with my fingers. I used an old Conair dryer on the "shape" (yes, that old!) setting first, then another Conair (also old) and turned it to low voltage and low air. So in other words, I blow dried my roots on low heat and air. HTH.

I'm uploading pics tonight so I might upload some to the thread later.

I've been wearing my hair like this since Friday and I did exactly what Butterfly said. I used medium magnetic rollers and set normally. I did not use setting lotion and only a little oil, which I knew from high school would make my hair fall in spirals.

The difference now is that my hair is significantly longer, so the curls all rest on my shoulders instead of at my ears and neck, and the spirals are elongated.

I am sure curlformers and rods would do, but I think an ordinary roller set would work too.

Once I was done, I blew out the roots to loosen it up and tossed it (upside down, yes :) ) and blew the curls to loosen them without separating with my fingers. I used an old Conair dryer on the "shape" (yes, that old!) setting first, then another Conair (also old) and turned it to low voltage and low air. So in other words, I blow dried my roots on low heat and air. HTH.

I'm uploading pics tonight so I might upload some to the thread later.

Please do!!! Is your hiar natural or relaxed?

With my natural hair, one of my main issues is to then retain the curls, the style pattern.....

Yea saw it yesterday. Really loved it. Takes sleeping with a married man to become all glam huh :giggle:
Shame... I wasn't a hater but since I found out about her whore-ish ways I've been so turned off that I don't listen to her music OR look at pics of her without giving the gas face...

That is not her hair - it's a weave. And did y'all not see that balding edge? She's been losing her hair around the edges for a minute now. Pictures were posted over on the ET board. But you can get a similar style with flexi rods. It looks like a loose spiral. It looks like they curled her hair with a curling iron though. The actual curls/style are pretty.

Last edited:
That is not her hair - it's a weave. And did y'all not see that balding edge? She's been losing her hair around the edges for a minute now. Pictures were posted over on the ET board. But you can get a similar style with flexi rods. It looks like a loose spiral. It looks like they curled her hair with a curling iron though. The actual curls/style are pretty.

I don't believe you!!!! Why would she wear a weave?!? I don't believe it....at all.....are you sure? How do you know?! Lol....i am shocked....

I don't believe you!!!! Why would she wear a weave?!? I don't believe it....at all.....are you sure? How do you know?! Lol....i am shocked....

She has been wearing weave and wigs. Nearly everybody in the industry does. Where have y'all been? Just a few months ago she was at some award show and she was on the fashion don't list for wearing some monstrously bad and obvious wig. It was posted in ET too.

ETA: It was the Oscars. TMZ, Perez Hilton and MediaTakeout talked about how bad the wig was. Shoot my 19.99 wigs from the BSS looked better than that mess. They don't look that bad in this picture but I remember seeing some others and going :perplexed: I can't find the link for the other one I remember seeing now. She had on a silver dress and the hair was up some kind of way. But these are from the Oscars:

1235397815aliciabadwig.jpg

0222_alicia_keys_wi4.jpg

http://www.mediatakeout.com/2009/30852-wtf_alicia_keys_wig_looked_a_hot_mess_at_last_nights_oscars.html

http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/22/alicia-keys-wigs-the-hell-out?icid=sphere_wpcom_inline

Last edited:
this looks really natural to me and i didn't notice thin edges. from the looks of things i thought she just set her natural hair on flexirods or spiral set without too much product. If that is a weave I would like to know where to purchase that grade of kinky straight...probably cost an arm and a leg b/c it looks very natural.

to bachelorette....a married man slept with her....hes married...shes not, anywho

i loveeeeee her hair!!!! when u attempt this look u have to post pics!

Back