Alicia Keys' Updo. I LOVE IT!

westNDNbeauty

Besides the fact that she's pregnant...

I was just smitten with her hair! I love this. I'm gonna blow mine out and try it sometime soon! Dunno how I'm gonna braid it forwards, but im gonna try something.

Thank you paparazzi for giving me my next style idea! Great Shots!

http://mediatakeout.com/41133/alici...k_tie_event_pics_of_them_huggiing_inside.html

kandiekj100

I like it too, but I don't know how in the world I would be able to duplicat the front. kinda looks like a fishtail braid (I think that's what its called) but I don't know how to do that. I'd have to figure out something else to do for the front.

But that's why it is called inspiration. You take it make it your own.

MsBoinglicious

Looks like she she made three parts leaving a left section, a middle section and right side section of her head.

Smooth the left and right section parts back into a low nape ponytail (leaving out the center section).

Then did a large flat twist/fish braid up the center using all sections.

Then took the length/ends of the twist and made a flat twist bun to the side of her head.

BoaterGirlKim

Love the way her man (Swizz Beatz) is protecting her hair/head as she gets in the car...nice touch of chivalry. Looks like she's marrying a good dude and bet he'll be a great dad to their baby that's on the way :2inlove:

Oh, the hairstyle is pretty cool in an interesting, ram-inspired way LOL As always, her hair is a beacon of health and shine!

gabulldawg

That is cute. :yep: I'm always looking for cute/funky updos as protective styles. I think my hair is too short for this one, though. Would have to add some hair...

If anyone duplicates PLEASE post. :yep:

NaturalPath

I dont know if I like this, I have no clue on how it looks in the front :ohwell:

ETA: nevermind went to MTO this would not look good on me...but on someone else

westNDNbeauty

Looks like she she made three parts leaving a left section, a middle section and right side section of her head.

Smooth the left and right section parts back into a low nape ponytail (leaving out the center section).

Then did a large flat twist/fish braid up the center using all sections.

Then took the length/ends of the twist and made a flat twist bun to the side of her head.

Correcto-mondo!

btw...loving your hair!