ALICIA KEYS N***ER Hairstyle - What the???

ChristmasCarol

Okay y'all, I was trying to find some pics of Alicia Keys' Curly Side-Ponytail to wear for a function this weekend. Innocent, huh? Then why was I verbally assaulted by this site? (scroll to picture 28):

http://slodive.com/inspiration/alicia-keys-hairstyles/

The site has over 30,000 followers and it isn't some kind of neo-Nazi blog. English is definitely not the first language of the commentary's author - but c'mon now. Even non-English speakers know that this word is a :nono: in this day and age!

I can't be the only person who has contacted the administrator...UGH! Will some of you drop them a line, too?

[email protected]

Anywho, I want to do hairstyle #27, but without the cornrows. How would I go about this? I want the hair to be slicked and then explode into the side-puff. How do I go about slicking it down? Gel? Do I sit under the dryer to mold it?

As for the ponytail - Should I try a straw-set? A fluffed-out braidout?

I'm severly style-challenged, so any help is appreciated. Peep my profile albums if you need to see my hair length, texture, etc.

TIA!

eta: I was so disgusted, I forgot to add the pic:

picture.php

Last edited:
ok what im most upset about is how u said youre severley style challenged because if i recall correctly arent you the one with all the glamourous/gorgeous/b-e-a-uuutiful buns and up-dos?lol

Wait....what? Where is this site from? It has to be from another country or something :nono:. It doesn't even make sense to say that phrase out of the blue because that so called "N***er style", was called braids in some of the other pics that were posted.

Wow that was pretty weird.

BostonMaria

Yes, I had to look at it and blink multiple times to make sure I was seeing it correctly :perplexed

I have the hairstyle in question...the n-word style, my braids.

I don't get it.

diadall

I don't get it, either.

"N**** style hairstyle with several long perms."

WHAT THE H****??!!!

LaidBak

EXACTLY!

I know! Like wth does that even MEAN???? Somebody tell me what "several long perms" are. :perplexed

KurlyNinja

It means they're stupid or crazy :ohwell:

Wait....what? Where is this site from? It has to be from another country or something :nono:. It doesn't even make sense to say that phrase out of the blue because that so called "N***er style", was called braids in some of the other pics that were posted.

lovenharmony
My guess is that it's Chinese, but I don't know...

ok what im most upset about is how u said youre severley style challenged because if i recall correctly arent you the one with all the glamourous/gorgeous/b-e-a-uuutiful buns and up-dos?lol

niqu92

Girl, if it ain't a bun, I don't know how to do it - I don't even know how to use gel to slick hair down!

Don't judge me - Can you help me or not? :lol:

You help them make money if you click on the links so I wouldn't do it.

Tiye

You are so right - which is why I didn't click on Stormfront - we know what they're about. However, I needed people to actually see what I was talking about, so that's why I included the link to slodive.

Only click once y'all! :lachen:

I left a comment. (awaiting moderation, it says)

I think I've seen something like that on SBH magazibe, you could have a side part, a pretty swirly cornrow design on one side, rest of cornrows going to the side of the nape, gather rest of the hair in a curly ponytail or add fake hair. I'd go to SHB magazine and search for cornrows.

I swear ... I've had it up to HERE with the racial shenanigans of late.

I need to log off the internet for a while. :perplexed:

@sipp100 do you want to do this with your own hair? if so I am thinking twist-out with white or smaller cold wave rods at the ends for the loose ends of the cornrows.
I think however, this style would only show like this on WL hair due to shrinkage. I did this once with a KC ponytail but didnt take pics :ohwell:

I clicked and it says fluffy hair. I'm not sure what happened...

As far as the style.... I can't cornrow for heck. I do like it somewhat... I think I'd prefer a sexy side bun in lieu of a ponytail. My hair shrinks like nobody's business so a short wild pony might not be my best look. But OP I'd imagine you could flexi-rod it, do a braid/twist out, or use those wave/krimp rollers to get that (or a similar) look.

SummerSolstice

Thank you! I mentioned that I didn't want the cornrows - I'll be slicking my hair to the side. My hair is MBL, and even with full shrinkage it still hangs at/below my shoulders.

Here's a pic of my old, slept-in loose, shrunken, crusty braidout after 3 days - I want this volume, but neater :lachen:

picture.php

From OP:

Anywho, I want to do hairstyle #27, but without the cornrows. How would I go about this? I want the hair to be slicked and then explode into the side-puff. How do I go about slicking it down? Gel? Do I sit under the dryer to mold it?

I left a comment. (awaiting moderation, it says)

I think I've seen something like that on SBH magazibe, you could have a side part, a pretty swirly cornrow design on one side, rest of cornrows going to the side of the nape, gather rest of the hair in a curly ponytail or add fake hair. I'd go to SHB magazine and search for cornrows.

Thank you danysedai

However, I don't want the cornrows. I want my hair slicked to the side. I don't know how it's done. Do I straighten my hair? Use gel on natural hair?

As far as the style.... I can't cornrow for heck. I do like it somewhat... I think I'd prefer a sexy side bun in lieu of a ponytail. My hair shrinks like nobody's business so a short wild pony might not be my best look. But OP I'd imagine you could flexi-rod it, do a braid/twist out, or use those wave/krimp rollers to get that (or a similar) look.

eta: I was wrong :sad: They haven't changed anything...

NOW, CAN SOMEBODY COME OVER AND DO MY HAIR SATURDAY MORNING?

Last edited:
I think it's the same as the controversy over "n*gger brown couch" and "n*gger brown pants". Some foreign websites use a janky translator that translates black as n*gger. I'm not even offended by this one cuz most of the descriptions don't even make sense. Describing braids as perms, pictures where she has a braid described as a side bun etc.

Too much real racism going on these days to waste time on faulty chinese translators :nono:.

eta sipp100 they haven't changed anything she should've scrolled down one more. Tbh, I doubt if they will change it, I doubt there are any English speakers to log you complaints.

Last edited:

Iluvsmuhgrass

Thanks for the suggestions!

Hi OP! just my two cents, I would prolly do a wet set and maybe brush a pomade through to slick it over to the side...gel is probably too wet and will wave it back up, but a pomade is thicker and not as wet, but will give you shine and smooth it down... and you wouldn't have to use direct heat to straighten... hth!

Back