***All About ETERNAL or EVER-LASTING LIFE***

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Eternal Life is life everlasting with God, which begins at conversion, salvation, or being born again!!!

I have made three separate posts on this...

*Scriptures from New American Standard Bible which pertain to Eternal Life*

To Inherit Eternal Life... Matthew 19:16-30

16(O)And someone came to Him and said, "Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain (P)eternal life?"

17And He said to him, "Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but (Q)if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments."

18Then he said to Him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, "(R)YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER; YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY; YOU SHALL NOT STEAL; YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS;

19(S)HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and (T)YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

20The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?"

21Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and (U)sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have (V)treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

22But when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieving; for he was one who owned much property.

23And Jesus said to His disciples, "Truly I say to you, (W)it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.

24"Again I say to you, (X)it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

25When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, "Then who can be saved?"

26And looking at them Jesus said to them, "(Y)With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

27Then Peter said to Him, "Behold, we have left everything and followed You; what then will there be for us?"

28And Jesus said to them, "Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when (Z)the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, (AA)you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

29"And (AB)everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother [a]or children or farms for My name's sake, will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life. 30"(AC)But many who are first will be last; and the last, first.

Last edited:

Poohbear

Eternal Life Through Rebirth... John 3:1-21

1Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named (A)Nicodemus, a (B)ruler of the Jews;

2this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "(C)Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these (D)signs that You do unless (E)God is with him."

3Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one (F)is born again he cannot see (G)the kingdom of God."

4Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?"

5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of (H)water and the Spirit he cannot enter into (I)the kingdom of God.

6"(J)That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7"Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'

8"(K)The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

9Nicodemus said to Him, "How can these things be?"

10Jesus answered and said to him, "Are you (L)the teacher of Israel and do not understand these things?

11"Truly, truly, I say to you, (M)we speak of what we know and (N)testify of what we have seen, and (O)you do not accept our testimony.

12"If I told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?

13"(P)No one has ascended into heaven, but (Q)He who descended from heaven: (R)the Son of Man.

14"As (S)Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must (T)the Son of Man (U)be lifted up;

15so that whoever [a]believes will (V)in Him have eternal life.

16"For God so (W)loved the world, that He (X)gave His (Y)only begotten Son, that whoever (Z)believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

17"For God (AA)did not send the Son into the world (AB)to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

18"(AC)He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of (AD)the only begotten Son of God.

19"This is the judgment, that (AE)the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for (AF)their deeds were evil.

20"(AG)For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21"But he who (AH)practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God."

Poohbear

Eternal Life is a Gift of God... Romans 6:15-23

15What then? (AA)Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? (AB)May it never be!

16Do you not (AC)know that when you present yourselves to someone as (AD)slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of (AE)sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness?

17But (AF)thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that (AG)form of teaching to which you were committed,

18and having been (AH)freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

19(AI)I am speaking in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh For just (AJ)as you presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness, resulting in further lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness, resulting in sanctification.

20For (AK)when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.

21Therefore what (AL)benefit were you then deriving from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the outcome of those things is (AM)death.

22But now having been (AN)freed from sin and (AO)enslaved to God, you derive your (AP)benefit, resulting in sanctification, and (AQ)the outcome, eternal life. 23For the wages of (AR)sin is death, but the free gift of God is (AS)eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Assurance of Eternal Life... 1 John 5:1-15

1(A)Whoever believes that Jesus is the [a]Christ is (B)born of God, and whoever loves the Father (C)loves the child born of Him.

2(D)By this we know that (E)we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments.

3For (F)this is the love of God, that we (G)keep His commandments; and (H)His commandments are not burdensome.

4For whatever is (I)born of God (J)overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith.

5Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who (K)believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

6This is the One who came (L)by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood It is (M)the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.

7For there are (N)three that testify:

8[b]the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

9(O)If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater; for the testimony of God is this, that (P)He has testified concerning His Son.

10The one who believes in the Son of God (Q)has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has (R)made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son.

11And the testimony is this, that God has given us (S)eternal life, and (T)this life is in His Son.

12(U)He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

13(V)These things I have written to you who (W)believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have (X)eternal life.

14This is (Y)the confidence which we have before Him, that, (Z)if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, (AA)we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.

BE BLESSED!!!