All About My Hair

Sade'

I just ordered 4oz of this Remi Kinky Curly Hair- 16 inches. http://www.allaboutmyhair.com/Store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=784

I am conservative with my appearance meaning I don't like big wild dramatically long hair on me. I like to go unnoticed if you will esp at work. I want to be able to straighten this hair at times but mainly wear it wet and curly.
I plan to get a full sew in with perimeter hair left out. I want it to fall b/t CBL & SL, more SL to mimic my true length when wet.

So my questions are:
Is 4oz enough for a full sew in?
Is 16 inches of this hair long enough?
How long does it take to ship?
Will this hair look full when wet then end up spacy & thin when I straighten it out?
Will I need to split & seal the wefts or are they thin?

I looked at Ediese's photos and she has beautiful pics. Looks fab on her but its a bit too heavy and long for my face and personal style.
If any of u have exp with this vendor and hair type pls help. I would like to place another order today if I need to.
TIA!

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I came in here looking for pics...tease! :lachen:

Can't help you with the sew in...hopefully others that know about weave will chime in.

loulou82

I have AAMH installed now.

4 oz. is cutting it close especially if you don't leave any hair out and don't split the wefts. I ordered 8 oz. but I left my perimeter out for blending and I used about 7 oz. Also my install is very full. I'll dig up some Fotki's I found of other ladies with AAMH.

That depends on how long you want the hair to hang. I have 20 inches and it's about BSL on me curly and past WL stretched (5'7''). 16 inches would probably hang to APL.

My FH ordered it for me but I don't believe it took long.

Will this hair look full when wet then end up spacy & thin when I straighten it out?
I haven't straightened my install yet. The hair is subject to humidity just like any curly hair. It will swell as it dries.

I tried to split the wefts for my second install but stopped after about 2 oz. in. lol. I didn't seal the split wefts and the shedding was bad. The un-split and sealed wefts are holding up though. I would seal regardless of if you are splitting the wefts or not.

More hair pics and info in my Fotki (have to sign in).

Co-Washed

Some hair pinned up.

Last edited:

Sade'

I have AAMH installed now.

4 oz. is cutting it close especially if you don't leave any hair out and don't split the wefts. I ordered 8 oz. but I left my perimeter out for blending and I used about 7 oz. Also my install is very full. I'll dig up some Fotki's I found of other ladies with AAMH.

That depends on how long you want the hair to hang. I have 20 inches and it's about BSL on me curly and past WL stretched (5'7''). 16 inches would probably hang to APL.

My FH ordered it for me but I don't believe it took long.

I haven't straightened my install yet. The hair is subject to humidity just like any curly hair. It will swell as it dries.

I tried to split the wefts for my second install but stopped after about 2 oz. in. lol. I didn't seal the split wefts and the shedding was bad. The un-split and sealed wefts are holding up though. I would seal regardless of if you are splitting the wefts or not.

More hair pics and info in my Fotki (have to sign in).

Co-Washed

Some hair pinned up.

Thank you LouLou I do plan on leaving some hair out at the top sides and back (kitchen) but I will go ahead and order another pack to be safe. I REALLY do not want big hair tho.
Please post pics whenever you do decide to straighten. I would love to see the results and know how much effort it took. TIA

Ediese

I haven't done a full install with the AAMH. I only used about 2 pieces. I just wanted to mention that this hair does tend to be big. It mimics 4a natural hair perfectly, so if that's not the look you're going for...

I've seen pics of it straightened, and I wasn't very impressed. Good luck!

Sade'

I haven't done a full install with the AAMH. I only used about 2 pieces. I just wanted to mention that this hair does tend to be big. It mimics 4a natural hair perfectly, so if that's not the look you're going for...

I've seen pics of it straightened, and I wasn't very impressed. Good luck!

Thank Ediese!

Sade'

Ladies, let me clarify. I am not sewing all of my hair up. I am leaving some out in the front, like my bang, my edges and then my kitchen.

Ediese what did it look like straightened? Was it THAT bad? LOL

loulou82

/\ I linked to other hair boards in the Weave Challenge as useful links and the mods deleted them. Copy and save while you can Sade. :look: