Allergic to Relaxer?

lina

Have any of you guys ever been allergic to a relaxer or any product you were using at any given time? If so, how did you know you were allergic? What reaction did you get on your scalp?

Please HELP!!! I do not know what is wrong with my scalp. It is dryer than the desert and very, Very, VERY flaky (worst than its ever been). My mother thinks I am allergic to something.

Also, what oils/grease/hairdressing would be good to use? I have used olive oil before but lets say I oiled my scalp with olive oil in the evening by the morning my scalp is dry again and in a few days it is white and flaky.

Do you think I wash my hair to much> 1-2 times a week. Maybe I am washing the natural oils out of my scalp and hair. I am going to use glover's medicated treatment tonight and see if that helps.

Please help any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

lina

Well, I applied the glover's medicated treatment with a cotton ball to my scalp and sat with it on for about 1 1/2 hours.

I then washed with sulfur 8 medicated shampoo. I put biolage matrix conditioner on my hair (not scalp) and combed the ends only.

Airdried, then quickly blowdried my hair completely dry and lightly oiled it with sulfur 8 grease and quickly flatironed it.

And I must say my hair looks great, it's very light, and bouncy. My scalp feels very clean and calm, not itchy at all. I am going to try this treatment every week or every other week and see how that works. I am only going to use sulfur 8 (which I used before with no problem) and wait to see what happens around touch up time. Then I will know if it is the relaxer. I am also going to wash my every less, maybe once every week or once every two weeks.

If all of this doesn't work then i'm running to the dermatologist...:lachen: