Alma powder users

gymfreak336

Do you use your powder by itself or with other ones? I have a box of hesh alma that I haven't used it. I have been procasinating because I have been a little scared to use it.

I mix it with brahmi powder, but i think its ok to use alone.
also i prefer the rinse to paste, and dont detangle after, just apply moisturising deep conditioner and detangle afterwards.

I mix it with brahmi powder, but i think its ok to use alone.
also i prefer the rinse to paste, and dont detangle after, just apply moisturising deep conditioner and detangle afterwards.

Thanks for your help.

How do you make your rinses?

Mix with other powders and alone.

I use to do the paste but prefer to brew it as a tea with other powders and then strain it. I use a preservative or add another products such as an oil then rinse my hair with it or use it as a pre poo, sometimes even add it in my conditioner and my daily spritz.

I add 1 tabblespoon each to about 700ml of water. I lke the water as warm as I can tolerate,as I believe you need the cuticle open.
I also dont pour everything at once, I pour it out gradually to different areas, but dont manipulate your hair.

I use it in my henna and i brew a tea with shikakai powder, amla, neem or tulsi powder and aritha powder. I am relatively sure that it is safe to use alone.

I have natural hair. I used it for the 1st time last week and used it as instructed on the base of the packet. To mix to a paste, then apply to scalp and hair, massage in, sit for 45 minutes then rinse it out. I then followed up with a DC and oil rinse
It worked just fine- in fact I liked it.

I have natural hair. I used it for the 1st time last week and used it as instructed on the base of the packet. To mix to a paste, then apply to scalp and hair, massage in, sit for 45 minutes then rinse it out. I then followed up with a DC and oil rinse
It worked just fine- in fact I liked it.

eeek when i followed the instuctions my hair was horrible and stiff

maybe cos i'm relaxed?

I add 1 tabblespoon each to about 700ml of water. I lke the water as warm as I can tolerate,as I believe you need the cuticle open.
I also dont pour everything at once, I pour it out gradually to different areas, but dont manipulate your hair.

DITTO!

i think the hot water (TOLERABLEY HOT) helps it to penetrate

my new growth is so soft i dnt think i will need to relax anymore, seriously

I used it alone today as instructed on the packet - added water to make a paste. I have a weave w/ a horseshoe and just wanted to darken my edges and my roots that are exposed

I put conditioner on the ends of the horseshoe & mixed amla oil, & conditioner and poured that onto my my braids underneath.

Rinsed it all after 30 minutes.

I'm pleased with thre result, but time will tell.

I put it into some other oil and boil it down to make a Amla/<other oil> mix...great for oil rinses.

Back