Aloe vera gel = moisture without having to worry about reverting??

zzirvingj

I used aloe vera gel on my pressed hair about 4 or 5 times last week and didn't notice my hair reverting at all! :blush:

Do others use this on natural hair or pressed hair/roots and find that it moisturizes without reverting your hair??

I use it nightly on wet hair and I airdry overnight so my hair is nice and sleek and shiny in the morning. It is really nice to know that you can use it on pressed hair and not worry about reversion. I only straighten a couple times a year, but that is very nice to know because although I like the way my hair looks when straightened, I don't necessarily like the way it feels. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
I love Aloe vera gel, but I use it on wet hair to create a slick bun!

OT: Your new hair pics are :love: Gorgeous!!

I used aloe vera gel on my pressed hair about 4 or 5 times last week and didn't notice my hair reverting at all! :blush:

Do others use this on natural hair or pressed hair/roots and find that it moisturizes without reverting your hair??

I love your hair! That's all I want to say...no info regarding aloe vera on pressed hair....:blush:

I find it in the sunscreen section at walmart, the one with no alcohol. I love it on wet hair too. I use it nightly, I am natural.

I just picked up 2 bottles today in walmart ($3.92/8oz). I also saw it at Rite Aid and maybe even Walgreens. I love this aloe vera gel for my twists my hair stays extremely moisturized. I can go at least 3days with out moisturizing my hair with the combination of this my leave in and sealing with EVCO.

I haven't straightened yet but I'll have to keep this in mind for then.

I've put KCCC on straightened hair and it reverted near instantly o.o Must be some magic gel :D That would be soooo cool though If I could have it not revert...

I don't personally know from experience. However, I am on a curly hair forum and almost everyone therehas said it is very moisturizing. Not sure if they were using it on pressed hair or hair in it's natural state.

I tried it on my straightened hair at the recommendation of someone here on the board and it made my hair revert. Maybe I used too much. It didn't revert all the way but it wasn't straight anymore. It ruined my flat iron job.

ETA: It was 100% AV Gel. No water was listed in the ingredients on the bottle. I think I used FOTE.

My understanding is that Aloe Vera is a protein. Do any of you ladies using it daily have any issues with keeping the protein moisture balance? I suppose sealing or blending with EVCO might resolve that issue if it did occur.

My understanding is that Aloe Vera is a protein. Do any of you ladies using it daily have any issues with keeping the protein moisture balance? I suppose sealing or blending with EVCO might resolve that issue if it did occur.

Aloe Vera contains protein, magnesium, zinc, vitamin a & calcium, b & e vitamins, fatty acids, amino acids, and enzymes that help repair hair & encourage hair growth.

With that said, aloe vera is also considered one of natures finest moisturizers.

EVCO would be great for sealing but aloe vera is magnificent on its own.

I put a lot in my moisturizing spray because it's not humid enough around here for glycerin to be effective. My hair loves it and I've never noticed any "protein like" side effects.....just moisture!
And my hair doesn't even like protein.

Back