Alternative to Bone Combs

inthepink

I saw these combs at Sally's the last time I visited and I thought if I did not want to spend the money on Bone Combs, I would try these out instead. So, I thought I'd post them for anyone who may be interested.

Cricket Silkomb All Purpose Styling Combs

Cricket Silkomb All Purpose Styling Combs
By: The Cricket Company

Sally Item #: 354600

Silkcomb coms are five styles of combs that are wide used by hairdressers: All Purpose, Styling/Sectioning, Power (for thick/heavy hair), Narrow Tooth Metal Tip and Wide Tooth Metal Tip Tail Combs.
# Injected with silicone for smoothness
# Glides effortlessly through hair, no drag
# Static-free
# Polished teeth for snag-free combing
# Antimicrobial protection inhibits bacteria growth

Usage Tips
Combs are designed by professionals for professionals and are the combs of choice for many hairstylists.

Tai

Thanks, Hairlove. I might try these before taking the plunge on a bone comb.

Wildflower

Grow, hair,Grow!!!
I have one and it's the only fine tooth comb that will ever get near my hair. it does't snag the hair. I can't say if it's better than bone comb, but i surely love them for smoothing my hair for buns and rollersets.

Chaya

I have the one with the long pick on the end and I LOVE IT! I will never use another fine tooth comb. I use it with my roller sets and I dont loose more than 10 hairs or less while rollersetting my hair!

Crysdon

I have the rattail comb from this manufacturer. I only use it to rollerset and I have no problems with it. I paid a little over $5.00 for it.

Good choice.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Hairlove thanx for the info! You are truly a gem. I had already ordered the set of 3 bone combs but I'm shedding/breaking so much I went out and bought some of these yesterday so I didn't have to wait for them. I expected them to be heavier/thicker than they were but I love these combs.
Even the pick on the ones that have it has a smooth rounded tip. TOTALLY snag free. I was going nuts thinking I would have to get rid of my fine tooth combs I use for wrapping and parting. They were 3.49 each with the Sally's card. I cant remember how much with out, 3.99 maybe? I also bought a ton of other stuff and I will post about some of it later. PJism strikes again.

Tai

I bought one last night and used it in lieu of my Denman to do my ponytail. It was very nice. I paid 3.70 w/ tax for mine w/ my Sally's card.

I still want to try bone combs, though.

foxybronx

I want these! I love my sally's shower comb so i hope these work similar. My $1.50 shower comb is just as good as my $14 handmade seamless comb!