Am I crazy?

tigi

This is probably really stupid, but I guess I want to know if I am crazy for doing thinking of doing this.
I just got braids earlier this week. I used to wear braids all the time about 3 yrs ago. Anyway, now, I don't really like them. My head just feels really heavy and I feel like the braids are too thick or something, so I want to just take them out. They cost me $120 so thats why I feel crazy for wanting to go ahead and take them out, but they are driving me insane and I don't like them the way I used to. Am I crazy?

No you're not crazy. Why did you get braids? For the style? To protect your hair? For the low maintenance aspect of it? Now $120 is a lot of money to let come and go. Is there anyway you can compromise with you mind and your pocketbook and wear them for a short while? You may just have to get used to it again. Best wishes whatever you do.

Healthb4Length

Girl I was just about to post the same thing! I was having a retro moment and did my own braids a la Patra style...it's only been about a week but I'm ready to take them out...they are too heavy:eek: , feels like my neck is about to snap off! I think I'll keep them in for another week or two but then they gotta go!:)

cocoberry10

tigi said:
This is probably really stupid, but I guess I want to know if I am crazy for doing thinking of doing this.
I just got braids earlier this week. I used to wear braids all the time about 3 yrs ago. Anyway, now, I don't really like them. My head just feels really heavy and I feel like the braids are too thick or something, so I want to just take them out. They cost me $120 so thats why I feel crazy for wanting to go ahead and take them out, but they are driving me insane and I don't like them the way I used to. Am I crazy?

No, you aren't crazy. But I do have some questions for you. Are they too tight? If so, go back to the person who did them, and get her to loosen them immediately. I have braids in right now, as a protective style, but my braider NEVER does them too tight. Is it human hair? Synthetic? Either way, maybe you are allergic to the hair.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Girl you must have money to give away, you better make them braids feel a little lighter or look a little better at least for 2wks or 1wk, I just hate to see pple waist their money, but it's not mine so take them out and make yourself happy, but don't end up all depressed about that $120 later, lol.

Alli77, at least you did them yourself, nothing loss.:D

tigi

No, I don't have money to give away. I am a college student, but I just don't want to walk around with all this hair. Its synthetic and in the past, it never bothered me. But now, I am just like whoa! This is a lot of hair. Thats why I thought I was crazy for wanting to take them out. I got them honestly cause I got busy and felt like I didn't have enough time to fix my hair and take care of it properly everyday. But now...they are just driving me insane!! My mom says, learn my lesson, take the loss and take them out if I don't like them. My sis says keep em in cause I spent all that money. I am just confused... :confused:

tigi

"Girl I was just about to post the same thing! I was having a retro moment and did my own braids a la Patra style...it's only been about a week but I'm ready to take them out...they are too heavy , feels like my neck is about to snap off! I think I'll keep them in for another week or two but then they gotta go!"

Girl, I am so glad you said that!! Now I know I ain't crazy! I remember loving braids, but they were never this big and bulky! I feel like I am walking around with 10lbs of hair added to my head!

Healthb4Length

tigi said:
"Girl I was just about to post the same thing! I was having a retro moment and did my own braids a la Patra style...it's only been about a week but I'm ready to take them out...they are too heavy , feels like my neck is about to snap off! I think I'll keep them in for another week or two but then they gotta go!"

Girl, I am so glad you said that!! Now I know I ain't crazy! I remember loving braids, but they were never this big and bulky! I feel like I am walking around with 10lbs of hair added to my head!

Yeah girl, it's been a week and my head still has not gotten used to it! How on earth did we wear those styles back in the 90s?:lol:

SqrpioQutie

ok.. i see it like this... the money has been spent.. it's gone... nothing you will do will bring that particular bit of money back... so that's a moot point... if the braids are bothering you, i'd take em out... hell, i got kinky twists right after i bc'd and those things were soooooooooooo freakin heavy... i got half done thursday night, the other half friday morning, and by friday night, they were in the garbage... i refuse to remain uncomfortable just because i paid for something... plus, if they didn't feel right, maybe there was a reason and it would have caused damage if i had left them in...

tryn2growmyhair

Next time save your money and buy the braids by breslin dvd (www.braidsbybreslin.com) and do them yourself. That way you can do the braids exactly the way that you would like them done.