Am I doing enough?

nychaelasymone

My hair is currently weaved (net weave) and I typically spray my hair 2xs a day w/ braid sheen moisturizer (African Pride) and use root stimulating oil almost every other day. The hair that is out, I don't use any heat on it, I just moisturize it, oil it and blend it w/ the weave. I washed it w/ diluted shampoo and conditioned w/ diluted conditioner. I used Nexxus Humectress conditioner because it can also be used as a leave in. I just don't want to lose any progress I've gained in the last year when I take these things out. I've been weaved for almost 4 weeks, which means, I about to take these things out. Do you believe I've done enough to maintain my hair underneath the weave?

When I take them out, I plan to wash and deep condition and possibly do a protein treatment w/ motions CPR, air dry and bump w/ ceramics. Is this a good regime after taking out a weave. I'm 12 weeks post relaxer so I know there is going to be some shedding.

Lastly, is one week after taking out a weave too soon to touch up?

Last edited:
It sounds like you have done a good job. When you take them out please be sure to detangle your hair....and of course, as I am sure you know dc after doing your protein treatment...

However sounds like your hair is going to be just fine when you take the braids out.

I'm new and so I don't think I should be giving any advice yet, however I've been in and out of weaves for about 3 years now and I think one week is enough time for you hair and scalp to heal before you get a relaxer. Smart of you not to do it the same day like I used to like to do (only because I was embarassed ny my napps) However burning my ENTIRE scalp time and again was far worse. Learned that the hard way since I was hard headed. LOL!

Back