am i Natural or transitioning?

Ladybelle

It just dawned on me (while fighting my hair into submission).... please correct me if I'm wrong:

I'm not natural, i'm transitioning:ohwell:

It's been one full year since I had a perm/relaxer. I have not bc'd and still have some permed ends left.

So, all this time I've been thinking I was natural, I made a false assumption and am actually going natural. :wallbash:

The one year of transitioning does not equate to one year being natural: or does it?

Also, I've not really notice a definite curl pattern so i can't say for sure if I'm the 4a/4b I assumed I was & I think i will not learn my true texture until i chop off all the permed ends, right?

somebody help me out here,cuz if you haven't noticed: I'm confused! :huh:

Thanks a bunch.

Last edited:

msa

You're almost there! Congrats on transitioning.

As far as hair type...it's confusing for almost everyone. You can't say for sure until you cut off the relaxed ends. But, if you have several inches of natural hair you could post a pic and we can try to help. If you do post a pic make sure it's of dry (or slightly damp) hair with no products on it and unmanipulated (combed/brushed).

Ladybelle

You're almost there! Congrats on transitioning.

As far as hair type...it's confusing for almost everyone. You can't say for sure until you cut off the relaxed ends. But, if you have several inches of natural hair you could post a pic and we can try to help. If you do post a pic make sure it's of dry (or slightly damp) hair with no products on it and unmanipulated (combed/brushed).

Thanks for answering my question. I took some pics last night to post but one of my lovely children broke the cable that connects it to the computer- so I'll post them as soon as I can.

I'm going to chop off the rest of the relaxed ends tonight (and probably another inch or two just to be safe).

If I had known this, I would have cut my hair six months ago. I've been wanting to see my natural curl pattern since I started this transition,but the relaxed ends are obviously getting in the way of that. Oh well, live and learn!

Last edited:

nichole21

Yea, technically transitioning is the word. But I can definitely relate because with over 1 year of natural newgrowth/hair... I feel natural. lol. But I'm still holding on to these relaxed ends.

Ladybelle

Yea, technically transitioning is the word. But I can definitely relate because with over 1 year of natural newgrowth/hair... I feel natural. lol. But I'm still holding on to these relaxed ends.

agreed!! I have chopped off all my relaxed ends now, with all this work & effort, I want to be able to say I AM NATURAL and be right!! :yep: