Am I the only one who doesn't WANT waist length+ hair?

OhmyKimB

I don't. I like how long hair looks on me, but I don't have the patience at bsl...I wouldn't make it pass mbl...which is only about 2-3 inches longer on my body

FoxxyLocs

It's funny that everyone is mentioning how time consuming WL hair is. For me it's easier than when my hair was short. At least now if a style doesn't turn out the way I wanted I can easily pin my hair up into a cute updo or bun. Buns look a lot more stylish with long hair, IMO. And for most people MBL and WL are not all that far apart, so the fact that a lot of people feel like they can handle MBL hair, but not WL is also interesting.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
It's funny that everyone is mentioning how time consuming WL hair is. For me it's easier than when my hair was short. At least now if a style doesn't turn out the way I wanted I can easily pin my hair up into a cute updo or bun. Buns look a lot more stylish with long hair, IMO. And for most people MBL and WL are not all that far apart, so the fact that a lot of people feel like they can handle MBL hair, but not WL is also interesting.

i never understood this sentiment

GraceV

Braids, twists, ponytails, braidouts, twistouts, bantu knotouts, half-ups, straightened and out, updos with various hair toys... and oh yes, buns. ;)
yamilee21 :lol: When I asked that question I meant "I" literally. I know there are many options that work for different people, and I've tried a number of these but unfortunately my hair tangles something serious if I do anything that has an '-out' as a suffix. Besides the bun (a pony tail is about the same as a bun to me, basically hair pulled back) and updos none of those styles work for me.

You are right though, hair toys are awesome for switching things up and would look right at home with super long hair.

CurlyMoo

Can't relate. I'm baffled that after realizing that Black women can grow long hair, why most of us aren't aiming to let it grow to our knees. :look:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I'd personally be satisfied with bsb length, but I plan to stick with the WL challenge until it ends in December, 2013.

Sent from my iPod Touch using LHCF App

fivetimestwo

I'm with you OP. When I first joined my goal was tailbone length. I am totally over that now. :lachen:Aside from the fact that I'm impatient and don't want to wait eons to get to that length, I think MBL is just enough hair to be considered long without having to devote the majority of my time for upkeep. APL hair already is somewhat time consuming so I don't want to go too long.

OhmyKimB

I barely can style my hair now...other then the small amount I can do with a flat iron....hair is not my thing other then the basic of taking care of it...

orangepeel

I'm very tall so the idea of having waist length leaves me :nono:. My personal goal is to have healthy BSL unstretched. I think anything longer will give me a headache due to weight.

nerdography

I'm currently SL, and I've noticed that the longer my hair gets the easier it is to take care off, I'm aiming for MBL.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I don't think that long hair is more work, you will obviously use more product and washing may take a little longer. On the other hand, its much easier to be low mani and hide bad hair days. I find as my hair gets longer I don't have to as much to keep it happy.

Last edited:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I don't really think I want it.
All I know is I want my hair to be in tip-top shape. blunt, freshly trimmed ends and all that. If I can't maintain it properly at longer than BSB (current goal length) then I'll stay right there.

MaryJane3000

My original goal was relaxed apl now I'm going for natural mbl. If I make it to mbl I'll go to waist length just to say I did it lol

prospurr4

My final goal is HL, but I NEVER plan to wear it that long.

Shrinkage, espeicially since I don't use direct heat to "straighten," will take about 5 to 6 inches off the length, to probably MBL. Also, with HL hair, I could make awesome-looking updos and buns.

mEmYSELFaNDj

This is exactly what I was thinking!