Am I the only one with a not so fabulous patch of hair?

Angkin73

I have a teeny fro, and I do wash and go's everyday. My problem is,I have a patch of hair that that is not the same curl type as the rest of my hair. Its on the ball of my head I guess you could say. I love my new natural hair, but this patch is killing me!:wallbash:

I had this problem when I relaxed my hair. I always had to pay special attention to this area to get it straight as the rest of my hair.

I also feel like I have to put more moisture on "the patch" because the texture feels so diffrent. It has a more course feel to it. I also have a problem getting it to curl like the rest.

The only product that I can use to get my whole head to curl the same is: CATWALK: curls rock, but I don't like using this all the time.

So, I would love to know if anyone else has a problem with their "not so fabulous patch" and an what do you use/do when you style your hair.

This is a pics of my hair wet, so you can see the curl pattern...

These are pics of "the patch"...

RedVelvet310

I have that too, except on the sides. I actually think its scab hair because when I was relaxed that hair experienced the most tension when styling.. the most heat when straighten/curling and the most 'grease'... the sides were the most easy to access and do. Now though after some TLC I can actually see CURLS forming and its not AS dry anymore so I'm hoping it catches up to the rest of my hair.

It may be the same case for your hair. The scalp may be damaged. Just give it the moisture it needs. It also may be because that is the thickest part of your hair so you may need more moisture there in relation to any other part of your hair where it isn't as thick.

HTH xoxo

Angkin73

It is the thickest part of my hair. I also used to sleep on my back alot. I always wraped it at night but back then I used a cloth scarf, I'm afraid that could have done some damage to my hair also.

Now thanks to the ladies o LHCF I still sleep on my back alot, but I use a silk scarp.:grin: