Am I the only one without a staple shampoo?

Ms. Plain Jane

:wallbash:

I have not reached the point where I absolutely "need" to have X,Y,Z shampoo. The PJ in me knows that this may be a good thing :look:, but I really just want to stick to 1-2 shampoos. Here is a list of shampoos that I currently own:

• Fantasia IC 100% Pure Tea Tree Shampoo ------> I use to clafiry, but I may stop because it makes my hair hard)
  • Elasta QP Bodifying Shampoo ----------> Meh:ohwell:
  • Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo ----------> Meh :ohwell:
  • Optimum Oil Therapy Ultimate Recovery Shampoo --- Haven't used it in a while; don't really remember how it effected my hair
  • Salerm Protein Shampoo (Champu con Proteinas) ---> Haven't used yet
  • Garnier Fructis Long & Strong -------> Meh :ohwell:
I'm pretty sure that I have a number of other shampoos in my possession, but the point is that I focus more on conditioners, treatments, and leave ins than on shampoos, when shampoos are equally important. I want a shampoo that cleanses the hair without completely stripping it, is nice and creamy, lathers , smells divine, and all that other good stuff, but I cannot seem to find one.

Is anyone else having this problem? Better yet- has anyone found their absolute favorite shampoo that they cannot do without? Does it meet the bolded criteria? Please don't be stingy- sharing is caring :lol:

No, you are not the only one who has yet to find there staple(HG) poo. I am still searching. My tresses seem to become drier with every wash so finding one has been torture.

I wouldn't say I have one that I can't live without but I got a couple that are good.

Aveda damage remedy is a good shampoo. Its kinda pricey but it does last a long time. See if they can give you a sample

Right now I am using the new Creme of Nature, the red clover one and I like it alot too. Its the one for "soothing a dry itchy scalp" and it seems to be helping. I got a big bottle of it for 4 bucks.

I also like Paul Mitchell Shampoo 1. I got a small sample bottle of it at Ulta for 3 bucks I think. Ulta has alot of products that you can buy in super small bottles so you could check them out to test the waters without spending too much dough.

I wouldn't say I have one that I can't live without but I got a couple that are good.

Aveda damage remedy is a good shampoo. Its kinda pricey but it does last a long time. See if they can give you a sample

Right now I am using the new Creme of Nature, the red clover one and I like it alot too. Its the one for "soothing a dry itchy scalp" and it seems to be helping. I got a big bottle of it for 4 bucks.

I also like Paul Mitchell Shampoo 1. I got a small sample bottle of it at Ulta for 3 bucks I think. Ulta has alot of products that you can buy in super small bottles so you could check them out to test the waters without spending too much dough.

What do you think about the smell? It is a bit strong for me. I used my bottle and didn't buy another b/c of it :ohwell:. Now I'm using Suave daily clarifying (my hair needs sulfates)

Thanks! This is good to know!

CON red lable i have and love. but let me tell you Paul Mitchell The Wash blows this out of the water. you should try it. it does have sulfates but i dont care at all.

I live for Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo....no matter how many times I stray, I always come back because it is the BEST poo ever :grin:

FYI, buy at JCPenney when they have buy one get one 50% off...... last week I got my poo for 97 cents each. The SKU was wrong so she sold it to me at that price. :grin:

LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CREME OF NATURE

THE ORIGINALS = THE TRUTH!!!!!!

But don't go buy it cause it's in a recession k? :lachen: It's been discontinued. I loaded up, but when I run out (in about 3 years) I'll need a new staple. I will NOT be trying the new formula just cause I'm mad they did that ish.

African pride conditioning shampoo! This lady came to my job and said its the ish. . . So the pj in me said have a treat. And i tried it it made my hair feel soft and moisturized but in a clean type of way. I've slept on african pride 4 years cause it was so cheap but i love this stuff. Its giving my lady velvet a run 4 its money

Im also looking for a staple shampoo, have yet to find one. I think shampoo is one of the hardest things to find since it's so strong on hair...

What do you think about the smell? It is a bit strong for me. I used my bottle and didn't buy another b/c of it :ohwell:. Now I'm using Suave daily clarifying (my hair needs sulfates)

The smell is a little strong. I did notice that and to my suprise, even with all of the herbal extracts, it doesn't tingle which actually was good for me.

I live for Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo....no matter how many times I stray, I always come back because it is the BEST poo ever :grin:

FYI, buy at JCPenney when they have buy one get one 50% off...... last week I got my poo for 97 cents each. The SKU was wrong so she sold it to me at that price. :grin:

LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I have this at home... I'll have to give it a try.

I don't have a staple shampoo or conditioner, I just use whatever is cheap at the time. I use shampoo on my scalp only, work it in, rinse it out, then cowash.

CREME OF NATURE

THE ORIGINALS = THE TRUTH!!!!!!

But don't go buy it cause it's in a recession k? :lachen: It's been discontinued. I loaded up, but when I run out (in about 3 years) I'll need a new staple. I will NOT be trying the new formula just cause I'm mad they did that ish.
Ditto. I have enough ORIGINAL CON to get me to the next presidential election[not this one coming up , for real the NEXT one :lachen:]. After that I wont ever buy CON again.

Back