Amino Acid Treatment for Straightening

keelioness That was interesting, but not much details. I purchased SAA from Lotioncrafters and regularly add it to my DCs.

So, is this pure SAA she applied to the hair? Nothing else added? Then she blow dries the hair, then flatirons it. And finally, she washes the hair?

I'm full of questions, cause this looks promising.

I think maybe she washed it after straightening to show that her natural curls weren't damaged but instead benefited from the amino treatment as well.

I'm wondering if she applied a SAA/water or SAA/serum mix to the hair before blowdrying.

I think maybe she washed it after straightening to show that her natural curls weren't damaged but instead benefited from the amino treatment as well.

I'm wondering if she applied a SAA/water or SAA/serum mix to the hair before blowdrying.
I also want to know this. I wonder if she used SAA and an oil. I would like to add broccoli seed oil to SAA and try that. Sapote oil, I think, would be good, too, 'cause it would impart softness to the hair since she kept talking about how coarse the customer's hair felt.

I would wear it for a fews days straightened like that.

Sidenote: ShyIntellect your hair in your siggy is gorgeous and droolworthy. Wowza!!!!

I'm interested in anything that is strengthening for my fine hair. @Pompous Blue I'm going to lotioncrafters to get some SAA, how much are you adding to you DC?
@CurlsBazillion
I started out adding 1 tsp to 8 oz of conditioners; then I went to 1 tsp to 4 oz conditioner. I believe that's about 4%. lotioncrafter.com recommended usage level is 1-2.5%. It's a staple additive.

If ordering from lotioncrafter.com don't forget to use the discount code: SILKY10. If it doesn't work, write them for the updated code. The last time I used the code was 10/28/2011.

I put SAA in my mascara, too. But I don't think I'm placing the mascara close enough to my lashes to see good results. But I keep trying.

Last edited:
Back