Amla Powder -I need help and avice

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Ok so I have my Amla powder, shikakai powder and brahmi powder. I want to make a tea and or paste to use on my hair. I've been doing a search to see how you guys are using these three. I have a few ideas but I need more. So if you use any of these on your hair can you give me some ideas or list your mixes?

If you are using a paste, are you finding it hard to rinse? If you are using a tea how are you using it on your hair (as a rinse, as a leave in, etc).

dlewis

simplycee said:
Ok so I have my Amla powder, shikakai powder and brahmi powder. I want to make a tea and or paste to use on my hair. I've been doing a search to see how you guys are using these three. I have a few ideas but I need more. So if you use any of these on your hair can you give me some ideas or list your mixes?

If you are using a paste, are you finding it hard to rinse? If you are using a tea how are you using it on your hair (as a rinse, as a leave in, etc).

I tried a paste a couple of times but never again, it was very very very very very very hard to rinse out. I only use these as a tea and pour it over my hair/scalp and condition afterward.

buttaflye03

dlewis said:
I tried a paste a couple of times but never again, it was very very very very very very hard to rinse out. I only use these as a tea and pour it over my hair/scalp and condition afterward.

D, how much amla powder do you use for the tea? I remember you saying you prepare it in the coffee machine but I don't know how much I should use. How often do you do the rinse? TIA.

sareca

I make a rinse out of my amla and brahmi powder. I steep some (3-4 tablespoons) in a coffee cup w/ very hot water for about 10-15 minutes, then strain the liquid out, add cool water to liquid (and a little camellia oil) and pour it over my hair.

I don't rinse it out, but it will make your hair's color seem a little dull until you do rinse it out when it will be very shiny. I do this at least once/wk when my hair's braided.

ETA: The leftover amla pulp makes an excellent facial scrub. :yep:

Last edited:

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
dlewis said:

LOL. Was it a little hard to rinse out? :lol: Thanks for the warning!

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
sareca said:
I make a rinse out of my amla and brahmi powder. I steep some (3-4 tablespoons) in a coffee cup w/ very hot water for about 10-15 minutes, then strain the liquid out, add cool water to liquid (and a little camellia oil) and pour it over my hair.

I don't rinse it out, but it will make your hair's color seem a little dull until you do rinse it out when it will be very shiny. I do this at least once/wk when my hair's braided.

ETA: The leftover amla pulp makes an excellent facial scrub. :yep:

I'm so glad you responded! Thank you.