An interesting thing happened to me at work today

H

HoneyRockette

One of the new nurses on my floor just got off orientation. I had never formally introduced myself so when we were both alone and not busy I sat down with her and we started talking. Now when I first met her she had cornrow extensions to her waist. Today she had a drawstring ponytail to her waist. I don't know if she was trying to pass it off as her real hair or not but it was pretty obvious to me. Anyway we were talking and all of a sudden she compliments my braids. Then she nonchalantly goes "Are you trying to grow your hair out?" I don't want anyone at work to know how neurotic I am online so I just lied and said no. I told her I was too lazy, (er, busy, I meant busy) to style my hair everyday. She then goes on about her own hair journey. She was going natural but she didn't want to cut her hair off. She wore braids for six months to gain a little length and then she met someone who wore braids and grew their hair from ear length to mid back (sound familar anyone?) and then she decided not to go natural but to grow her relaxed hair out longer and healthier. However she got a little braid damage and ended up cutting off a great deal of her hair. She was spitting out our terminology like nothing and had a serious case of PJ-itis. I mean I swear she must've been reading this board. Mind you I am playing it off all this time like I don't know what she is talking about. I was tempted to ask her if she knew about this place but if she said no I didn't want her to be all over my shoulder when I sneak and visit. If she did that would explain a lot because when I got to my computer I could have sworn I closed the window to this club last night but it was on this website this morning. I was racking my brain trying to remember if I had closed the window. Isn't that interesting? But then I just realized that I may have met one of you ladies. If I did, HEY GIRL! Sorry to shout you out like that. Hope I didn't embarass you. Let's have lunch on me, k? /images/graemlins/grin.gif If I didn't meet one of you, small world isn't it?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: An interesting thing happened to me at work to

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

That is interesting!

keylargo

well, my sister is starting to talk like that too. i haven't told her about this board but i wonder sometimes if she knows. she is more obsessed with hair than i am. she's talking about taking vitamins and getting her hair pressed instead of relaxed. she kept rubbing it and showing everyone how healthy it looked all day yesterday. it almost got annoying. but if she is here then good. she may have even been here longer than me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jenai

One of my best friends is starting to make me wonder also. When I told her about my goals and the website, she laughed. Now she is talking about porosity and protein conditioners! I mean, this girl is the same one who permanently dyes her hair every month and NEVER conditions it. Hhhmmm......