Annoying Dark and Lovely Ad

thatscuteright

There is an ad/banner that appears at the top of my screen from Dark and Lovely that has made me to never want to ever try their products. It features Bria Murphy with an obvious wig or weave and it states " get that just relaxed look" and has her weave/wig blowing.
I dont know why it just really annoys me. Like Bria, just hate Dark and Lovely for being misleading.

Your Cheeziness

Ikr! I was like, this is clearly a weave. I am still curious to see reviews on it once it's more widely available. I do like their color products though. I just giggled when I saw this ad, like "who are you trying to fool?"

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I dont see that ad on her at all. i see it all over youtube when i am trying to watch hair videos.

lol for some reason the only ads i see are for the "Easy 80s."

i want that cd collection though:look:

thatscuteright

Ikr! I was like, this is clearly a weave. I am still curious to see reviews on it once it's more widely available. I do like their color products though. I just giggled when I saw this ad, like "who are you trying to fool?"

um yeah this is Bria less then year ago

and this is her " Just relaxed look" a year later

Last edited:

LexiDior

ads are generated on these websites based on your cache. you must have looked up the product or Dark and Lovely. I havent see a D&L ad in a while because after signing up for my sample i havent thought about them.

Seamonster

I hate the dark and lovely ad that keeps popping up for me too. I am seeing the one with the blow dried hair, and then it shows the flat ironed hair.

Ads showing beautiful natural or blow dried hair as bad, and straight flat ironed hair as better boil my water. I get so insulted, I am like are you trying to tell me my kinks don't look good, hump!

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I used to have lice for the longest time. Not the problem BUT the dang ad for like a year. I am so grateful it is not in my banner anymore. The worst part is I never looked it up, or went into a thread discussing it. So how the HAYELL did it get there?

Blairx0

I used to have lice for the longest time. Not the problem BUT the dang ad for like a year. I am so grateful it is not in my banner anymore. The worst part is I never looked it up, or went into a thread discussing it. So how the HAYELL did it get there?

It wasn't until the end of your post that I realized you didn't have lice you had an AD for lice. :lol:

Blairx0

And more on topic I think those ads in addition to the billboards are so misleading it is a shame. I see them all over and I feel bad for people pouring their money down the drain on products that create the need for more products that all lead no where. I'm so glad I know better!

virtuenow

@Blairx0, I tried to be as clear as possible. I don't want to be banned from any future LHCF meetups for "lice." :lachen:

Yeah, I've seen bugs crawling around in the banner. I think that was the lice. That is why I usually browse in firefox. No ads, period.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
lol I'm sitting here thinking.... "there are ads?" :look:

@Lucie LOL @ the lice ad. :lachen: That hit me just right hehehe.

I was starting to get POed too! LOL! Thank God, I have fashion and hair banners now. Anything is better than L-I-C-E! I am skurred to even spell it. :lachen:

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I keep seeing Lush, and Wholesalewigs...which is Nuts, because I Hate wigs. Ugh, for me they were the worst part about going bald, besides going bald.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Yeah, I've seen bugs crawling around in the banner. I think that was the lice. That is why I usually browse in firefox. No ads, period.

virtuenow When I got that one I screamed and scared the heck out of my cat. Since then, I've used AdBlocker. No more scary or creepy crawly ads for me. :lol: