Anotha First Weave Check Thread!!

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I always wondered if I'd be delighted or offended if I was actually weave-checked. Well, it finally happened and I was thrilled!! Only because it was a guy I like :drunk:

We were talking closely and he just sensually reached out and rubbed his fingers through the back of my hair and was feeling around like he was really doing an extensive check but he played it off pretty well. When he first did it I was actually shocked and really didn't know what to think. Then he did it again. I guess he had to hit the other side LOL. He didn't admit to what he was doing but in my mind I wanted to think he was checking things off on his checklist LOL.

I've always been told my hair looked like a wig and I took it as a compliment but this is the first time I got a REAL weave/wig check. I would have been appalled if I actually did have some tracks in there and I asked my girlfriend who wears wigs what she does if a guy does that. She said she just snatches away real quick and says whooa, what you doing? Well, thanks to LHCF I didn't flinch :spinning:

Anyway, here is how my hair looked before I went out for the night. It's not even that long. Don't mind that big space at the crown, I fixed that before I left and tidied up the curls a bit.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Meeeee5.jpg
    Meeeee5.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
well your hair is thick and shiney! Congrats and cheers to many more weave checks

Last edited:
I don't have a weave but I find weave checks to be offensive.

Different strokes for different folks. Your hair is beautiful OP and I am happy that you are having a nice time with someone you like.

Cute! Guys love real hair, no matter the length and yours looks very healthy.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF app

Yay! Purty hair. I got weave checked today. My coworker walked up behind me when I was sitting and started tugging at my curls. She asked what I did and if I pincurled them myself. Umm, yeah. Then she proceeds to high five me and tell me my hair is growing. I told her yes, yours is too but you keep cutting it and smothering it in hair glue. idk how I feel abt her yet...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

kupenda - I'm jealous! I can't seem to do pin curls for nothin'!

Hairsnob - we joined LHCF around the same time! :grin: Don't it feel great! I always take it as a compliment when I get "checked". I mean, a good weave is like hair perfection, right?

And, yeah like a PP said, how'd the date go????

Bluetopia sunnieb

Thanks for asking. Things went very well that night and we've talked since and he seems cool so far. Don't want to put too much info out there but it's definitely all good. :yep:

Eventually I will probably ask him if he was doing a weave check but I'm still glowing from it..... heeheehee. :lol:

Yay! Purty hair. I got weave checked today. My coworker walked up behind me when I was sitting and started tugging at my curls. She asked what I did and if I pincurled them myself. Umm, yeah. Then she proceeds to high five me and tell me my hair is growing. I told her yes, yours is too but you keep cutting it and smothering it in hair glue. idk how I feel abt her yet...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Congrats on your weave check girlie! Isn't it a great feeling?

Back