Another AME Church has lawsuit filed

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
This suit sounds more like a he said/she said, but I'm glad folks like Dr. Betty Price (Warning to Ministers, Their Wives and Mistresses) are actually doing something :yep:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
against them. Our God has to be so disappointed with all the mess that's going on with the AME Churches. So called "Men of God" stealing from churches, sexual harassment suits being filed, grown men having sex with young boys. As Christians we need to speak out against this!!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...n-methodist-episcopal-church-alleging-se.html
Now I find this very disturbing. FOUR years and she 'stayed' there! Please! She should have and could have left the first 4 seconds of the initial onset of this.

I'm sorry! She can't place the blame all on him and I'm not taking up for him either. If indeed guilty, this man was and will always be wrong for what he did...no excuses for such behaviour from any man.

Yet, this woman should have not only left, but she should have cried out the moment it happened. Especially, if she was forced. The Bible says a woman submits to her husband, not the sexual advances of a Pastor or whatever. Leave the Church the very moment it tries to start.

Don't stay there and sue four years later. :nono: Sounds more like an 'affair' and she's getting revenge for being dumped.

Keen

Now I find this very disturbing. FOUR years and she 'stayed' there! Please! She should have and could have left the first 4 seconds of the initial onset of this.

I'm sorry! She can't place the blame all on him and I'm not taking up for him either. If indeed guilty, this man was and will always be wrong for what he did...no excuses for such behaviour from any man.

Yet, this woman should have not only left, but she should have cried out the moment it happened. Especially, if she was forced. The Bible says a woman submits to her husband, not the sexual advances of a Pastor or whatever. Leave the Church the very moment it tries to start.

Don't stay there and sue four years later. :nono: Sounds more like an 'affair' and she's getting revenge for being dumped.

I hear you but they say she is trying to get money from the church in an "unlawful" manner. On the same breath admitting the pastor carried on with her in an unspiritual manner. But Dude still get to keep his job.

Shimmie

Staff member
I hear you but they say she is trying to get money from the church in an "unlawful" manner. On the same breath admitting the pastor carried on with her in an unspiritual manner.

But Dude still get to keep his job.

Thanks Keen for clarity on this. :Rose:

I have a problem with Pastors who 'keep' on pastoring when mess like this happens. It sets a weak standard; actually no standard. That they can do what they want and still keep their position as if they are 'entitled'.

Dude needs to be removed from the pulpit. :perplexed They can't sweep this mess under the Altar and continue on as if all is well. :nono:

momi

Thanks Keen for clarity on this. :Rose:

I have a problem with Pastors who 'keep' on pastoring when mess like this happens. It sets a weak standard; actually no standard. That they can do what they want and still keep their position as if they are 'entitled'.

Dude needs to be removed from the pulpit. :perplexed They can't sweep this mess under the Altar and continue on as if all is well. :nono:

I completely agree... where is the accountability??? After reading the article again, I wonder if the woman is a fruit loop?

Last edited:

donna894

I completely agree... where is the accountability??? After reading the article again, I wonder if the woman is a fruit loop?

She might be. Predators choose their prey very carefully. She may have the type personality and character that the pastor believed he could dominate. A stronger woman would have nipped this in the bud ASAP. Or she could be conniving. The truth will always come out.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I agree.. we don't know the whole story and the truth will be revealed.

If she was in an affair, that's foul, because he's a married man. If he's done what she said he did, he's a leader of a flock and will be held accountable to more than just a courthouse. :yep:

She might be. Predators choose their prey very carefully. She may have the type personality and character that the pastor believed he could dominate. A stronger woman would have nipped this in the bud ASAP. Or she could be conniving. The truth will always come out.

Shimmie

Staff member
I completely agree... where is the accountability??? After reading the article again,

I wonder if the woman is a fruit loop?

She might be. Predators choose their prey very carefully.

She may have the type personality and character that the pastor believed he could dominate. A stronger woman would have nipped this in the bud ASAP. Or she could be conniving. The truth will always come out.

You both have excellent points here. This is one of the biggest pitfalls of a Ministry, Pastors becoming too familiar with parishioners; because many people who try to get too close to the Pastor do not have honourable intentions or the strength of character to avoid being subdued under pressure, by a Pastor who is 'full of himself with power',seeking whom he may devour.

We have so many honourable men and women of God; far, far, more than those who are dishonourable. Yet all it takes is these foolish few who become the spotlight and the focus, making those who are upstanding, seem invisiable or non existant.

Coffee

The lady who filed the law suit may or may not be lying. She, however was not called to Pastor FAME church, Rev Hunter was. He is held to a higher standard as the Shepherd of the Church; he is there is watch over the flock, not sleep with the flock. I don't know her mental state of mind, nor have I ever been in her shoes, so I can't say why she didn't leave. Maybe because he would have made it impossible for her to ever minister in another AME Church. He had the power, not her. Whatever the reason, I know our God is not pleased with this.

star