Another relaxer question!!!!!!!!!!(dumb)

Wildflower

Grow, hair,Grow!!!
My hair is fine but difficult to relax(4a4b), I boughtsome motions relaxer in the super strenght, but I'm kind of afraid to use it b/c I'm afraid it will burn me, as this is the first time I will self relax with a lye relaxer. Does the super strenght burn queicker than the regular? I didn't buy the mild b/c I'm sure that won't do anything for my hair.

WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!!!!!

NAY007

okay, i can only say this. when i used to relax my hair i used african pride in regular and in super. it never burned my scalp. i also used several other brands and i never got burned. the very last time i had a relaxer i used motions oil relaxer in MILD and the stylist was only half through with my hair and i almost couldn't take it anymore. my forehead was beet red and my scalp hurted pretty bad. my hairtype is 3b/c. now i don't want to discourage you, because you have a different hair type and your scalp will probably react different from mine too. a whole lot of ladies love the motions but i'm just letting you know what happened to me with the mild strength. i think the only way to find out is go ahead and just give it a try. cause some ladies will tell you that they had real good experiences and then there will be people like me:( but i hope it will turn out right for you girl.

Wildflower

Grow, hair,Grow!!!
now you got me thinking. I remember when I used to have my hair relaxed with affirm no-lye, that my scalp would burn quite a bit. when I started self relaxing I used a few brands, but ended up using a children's relaxer b/c my scalp would burn.
Do any of you out there know a good lye relaxer(not affirm) that doesn't burn as much?

aqualung

I can't speak from experience, but I'll help get you started.

A lot of 4a/b type ladies here had tough luck with Motions. Motions underprocessed their hair but irritated their scalp even though they stayed within the time constraints. Do a search for their complaints
Ex. +motions +relaxer +underprocessed
Motions is weird. My 3a/b friends at school are all Motions girls.

I haven't tried PCJ mild lye myself yet, but I'm going apply it right before Xmas. Have you tried it before? PCJ testimonials on LHCF lead up to my decision. Search them out at your leisure.
Ex. +pcj +my +hair
I know cutebajangirl, CICI24, ayanapooh, and beana3 (among others) endorse PCJ lye because it's gentle like Affirm Fiberguard and cheaply available at Sally's. The neutralizer has a color indicator too.

Good luck!