Another Rollersetting Question

Loving

How do you ladies get your rollerset to last all week? What do you do with your hair at nights?

I am a relaxed newbie (last Saturday makes 3 weeks) and I get my hair washed once a week. I rollerset to dry.

Each night however I rollerset my dry hair ( I use the velcro ones -no breakage so far; I hate seeing the setter marks in ladies hair). If I dont rollerset, my hair will be straight as a arrow. I also work out in the mornings and I can't imagine how my hair would look if I did not set each night.

I think I must be missing something! :perplexed

I'm natural. I do a variety of things. I will "pineapple" all the curls on the top of my head and put on a bonnet, pin curl, or I will use sponge rollers with the satin covering. I can get up to a week with doing one or all of these things in a weeks time.

I put my hair up in a loose ponytail (pineapply I guess), or pin curl when curls get too loose for my liking

i use satin covered sponge rollers, or i sleep pretty! try using smaller size rollers to make the sets last longer too.

Check out the rollersetting challenge threads...there is TONS of good rollersetting advice...n if u ask ur question there, u will prob gt more responses...also, what type of setting lotion do u use? I use lotta body (diluted) and my sets last pretty much all week...although they become looser curls as the week progresses...FYI i finger comb daily w a lil oil on my hands, n idont wear anything on my head at nite...im sure my curls wud last longr n look evn bettr if i wore a bonnett +\or pincurled.

For me, setting with smaller rollers, making sure my hair is completely dry when I take my rollers out, the right setting lotion mix, finger combing only, letting my curls fall through the week and a satin sleep cap.

Last edited:
Hello! I pincurl my curls nightly or do a loose bun for some waves. Check out the 2011 rollersetting challenge thread. Welcome!

Back