rollersetting hair w/newgrowth

caralexis2005

do you all rollerset your hair when you have newgrowth? i'm asking because i usually dont style my hair between the 4th and 8th week after a tup because i use a fine tooth comb to rollerset.
what techniques or products do you all use to rollerset your hair when you have newgrowth?
thanks

asummertyme

yas i roller set with new growth , but no styling for me, i just put my hair in a bun....i am in the bun challenge

northernbelle

I wet roller set my hair throughout; from touch-up to touch up. I have never had a problem with this practice. I also dry roller set nightly.
I happen to believe that roller setting keeps the new growth straighter and more manageable.

northernbelle

caralexis2005

what products do you use on your newgrowth when rollersetting? do you all use a fine tooth comb also?

i just to dont want to do more harm than good.

northernbelle

When I wet roller set, yes, I use a fine rattail comb. That is the way the roots are smoothed and straightened. In fact, I can comb my hair from root to end, with no problem.

When I dry roller set at night, I use a regular, wide tooth comb, although I might use the rattail to smooth the ends. But, my task with the roots is completed when I wet roller set.

I use the Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and Natural Wrap and Set Lotion. It is very good. Also, I use KeraCare High Sheen Glossifier on the scalp,and massage into the hair. I apply when I wash my hair (meaning, following the roller set) and then again at mid-week if the hair needs it.

northernbelle

northernbelle

I still do them but the Dominican salons make it come out better than I can. If I rollarset myself, within a day or two with a centre parting, my hair looks like a giant M of the McDonalds logo....sprouting out either side of the part.

Angelicus

I don't even have a problem rollersetting after 12 weeks post-touchup. I don't use a wide tooth comb though. I find that the longer the newgrowth, the smaller the rollers have to be. When I am rollersetting 12 weeks post-touchup, I'm down to the pink rollers. I do not wear my hair down now after being persuaded by Allandra and the other protective styles crew though.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
NorthernBelle,

When you dry set your hair, do you setting lotion everynight. There are not a lot of people who still do dry sets so I was really wondering what your rountine is everynight.

Thanks for your help.

Chanteuse

If you use a good conditioner that detangles and softens your hair, you should not have a problem roller setting w/ a lot of new growth. I use oil and Infusium 23 to set my hair and it comes out silky and shiny.

When I have lot of new growth, I go through my entire head and flat iron JUST THE ROOTS so that the roller mark and the new growth is straight.
It comes out good but I don't like wearing my hair straight when I have a lot of new growth b/c my roots don't stay straight for that long (if they come in contact with any kind of moisture) and I end up having to keep appliying heat or washing it out really early.

Another option is doing what Anky said - using smaller rollers and just wearing your hair curly so that you don't have to manipulate it as much.

SoniT

I still do wet rollersets when I have new growth. I use a serum to help smooth out the new growth and I also apply setting lotion. Then I use a fine tooth comb to section and comb my hair. I make sure I use a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner that will detangle my hair. That helps with the rollersetting process.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
brownrelaxedhair said:
Dominican salons make it come out better than I can.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same with me. Gosh, I wish I were as good as they.

[ QUOTE ]
brownrelaxedhair said:
If I rollarset myself, within a day or two with a centre parting, my hair looks like a giant M of the McDonalds logo....sprouting out either side of the part.

[/ QUOTE ]