i just called....
and the kinky curly cream has mineral oil :sad:
the curly whip doesn't, which is the one i wanted to try anyways
can't remember what was all in it
the lady said she thought the ingredients were posted online,
but they aren't
so you have to call to get the ingredient list
866-797-8537

thx vangrey, b/c they show haven't responded to my email.
i wonder if they're like this if i had a problem wit they're product after purchasing?:rolleyes:

Hello,

I would like an ingredient list for the following products if possible:
daily cleansing cream
moisture-rich no-suds shampoo

hydrating finishing cream

nourishment leave in conditioner

quench deep conditioner

aloe grapefruit clarifying shampoo

kinky curling cream

---thanks in advance

I only got a response for one product:

Aloe Grapefruit Clarifying Shampoo
ingredients:​

water
cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine
sodium cocoyl isethionate
disodium lauroamphodiacetate
cocamide MEA
sodium lauroyl sarcosinate
butylene glycol
aloe barbadensis leaf juice
sodium PCA
citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract
honey
hedychium coronarium (awapuhi) root extract
hydrolyzed wheat protein
cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) extract
humulus lupulus (hops) extract
coix lacryma-jobi seed extract
hydrolyzed wheat starch
PEG-75 lanolin
sodium methyl cocoyl taurate
PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil
polyquaternium-47
polysorbate 20
PEG-150 pentaerythrityl tetrastearate
fragrance
DMDM hydantoin
polyquaternium-10
propylene glycol
disodium EDTA
citric acid​
iodopropynyl butylcarbamate

I'll post a review as soon as I try the products out (within the next week or so). AD is also my stylist...although I'm way overdue for a visit!

I'll post a review as soon as I try the products out (within the next week or so). AD is also my stylist...although I'm way overdue for a visit!
How is he as a stylist? Is he scissor happy? Whats his pricing like?:grin:

I have the hydrating finishing cream & the nourishment leave in conditioner. They're just alright.

I went to Urbanbella for a styling product consultation & they put the leave in on & then some KCCC (the Kinky Curly brand) & I loved the results so I went ahead & bought the leave in.

I really wanted to try Qhemet moisturizers but just didn't feel like waiting on shipping so I went with this one. I know this is a no-no but I didn't read the ingredients before hand. I was so disappointed when I got home & found out that the moisturizer has mineral oil. I will not be buying it again.

Honestly I'm going to try doing my hair with some Giovanni leave in before the KCCC & if the results are the same then I won't be buying the leave in anymore either.

Just a side note but I LOVE this KCCC. I'm kicking myself b/c I didn't try it sooner.

Sorry ladies! Unfortunately, I didn't care for the line on my hair :( Out of everything, the only thing I will probably use up is the cleansing cream and maybe the leave in but won't repurchase...the two styling cremes or the conditioner I didn't really care for at all.

Last edited:
Wow... I should not have come in here. So much for my buy nothing for July challenge. I want some of this stuff like yesterday.

i just called....
and the kinky curly cream has mineral oil :sad:
the curly whip doesn't, which is the one i wanted to try anyways
can't remember what was all in it
the lady said she thought the ingredients were posted online,
but they aren't
so you have to call to get the ingredient list
866-797-8537

I find it interesting that mineral oil is in only the curly cream for "our" hair and not the rest of the curl definers. Hmmm... I was in love with this line for a moment, but this is like other products for "kinky" hair to me now. No go.

sadly i wont be buying these.. too many ingredients that are no-nos for my and most, not all natural hair (mineral oil and alot of -cones..)

some of the models look like their hair has been ahem.. chemically altered..
nothing wrong with that but when you are selling lies, well.. i wont buy it.

http://www.happycurls.com/v2/smf/index.php/topic,4875.msg54673.html#msg54673

I agree. I was watching the video of the supposedly 4b natural doing her hair from start to finish with this line and I couldn't help but think her hair looked texturized to me.

Sorry ladies! Unfortunately, I didn't care for the line on my hair :( Out of everything, the only thing I will probably use up is the cleansing cream and maybe the leave in but won't repurchase...the two styling cremes or the conditioner I didn't really care for at all.

I may have to change my...

I used the Cleansing Cream and Curly Whip this morning and had really good results. Let's see how it goes by the end of the day...

ETA: It's a rainy humid morning in NYC...while most of my curls are holding up well, my crown area (which is the frizziest and loosest in texture, more wavy) is a complete big layer of frizz, lol. The joys of having extreme variations in hair textures...

Last edited:

I used the Cleansing Cream and Curly Whip this morning and had really good results. Let's see how it goes by the end of the day...

ETA: It's a rainy humid morning in NYC...while most of my curls are holding up well, my crown area (which is the frizziest and loosest in texture, more wavy) is a complete big layer of frizz, lol. The joys of having extreme variations in hair textures...

THanks for posting your review. I think I will try it after I give this Kinky Curly I have a try. I"m wearing braids right now though, it's too hot for all my hair to be loose.

Nope...don't think this will do for me :(

I was with a friend last week that has natural hair and it looked really good, all ringlety and defined...without me asking she asked me if I had ever tried Hairrules .

I went home looked it up on line and after seeing the vid of the model that was supposed to be natural I immediately ordered the deep quench, kinky curly stuff and the cleansing creme. I spent 57.00 w/ s&h and now I kinda regret it.

I haven't received the product yet, but I always make the mistake of jumping and buying stuff w/o checking it out first :wallbash:. Yeah, I'm a PJ!!

If I had found that the model had a texturizer , which is not natural hair or that the product had so many chemicals in it. I don't think I would have bought it. I also thought about later that she had to sit under a dryer and use the blow dryer which I don't do. I try to use very little heat on my hair. I may flat iron 1-2x a year to get a good trim but that's it.

I'll use the product when it comes to see if it does me any good but in reality ...I doubt it. When will I learn? if I get a good result :nono: I'll come in to post .

I tried the no suds shampoo, the quench conditioner and the kinky curling cream. I actually really llike the shampoo and conditioner.... the kinky curling cream??? mmm not so much. it feels weird in my hair. I wrote reviews about the shampoo and conditioner on my blog. You can read them here.

Back