Anti-Humidity Products for Texlaxed Hair

isawstars

Texlaxed ladies, what are you using to keep your straight/sleek hairstyles from reverting this summer? Also what are you using to keep your wash and gos from frizzing/poofing?

Now that I've gotten rid of all of my relaxed ends my staple products aren't working for me. Normally my hair reverts in 2 or 3 days during the summer... Now it reverts in 2-3 hours! No joke. Maybe it's not my products... maybe this summer is just hotter and more humid than last summer? What ever it is... it's frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

SelfStyled

Hey girlie. I don't even bother with straightened styles in this humidity. As far as my wash and buns go, I use a leave in(Redken Smooth Down), serum(Sally's Argan Oil) and a gel(Elasta QP Elucence). This works for me. Nice defined wavy bun. All 3 products have anti humectant properties.

I tried being all fancy and thought I would get better results by adding in the Garnier anti humidity milk- and I hated it, it was pure garbage, my wash and bun seemed frizzier than normal. I promptly threw it away. It was only $3- so I didn't feel too bad.

I just got back from Virginia Beach and was amazed that relaxed/straightened women were able to KEEP their hair straight in that humidity. Mine would have been a puffball the very second I stepped outside.

prospurr4

I know that I will be absolutely no help to you, but I feel I have to explain why: :look:

I'm texlaxed but almost never wear my hair totally straight. I straighten it with a rollerset 4 times a year (after retouch for a length-check), wear it straight for 1 day (maybe) and then it's in a bun. I just prefer textured, big-ish hair, even when I wear it up, so the summer heat/humidity really doesn't affect it at all.

I hope you find the answer(s) you need. :)

isawstars

I know that I will be absolutely no help to you, but I feel I have to explain why: :look:

I'm texlaxed but almost never wear my hair totally straight. I straighten it with a rollerset 4 times a year (after retouch for a length-check), wear it straight for 1 day (maybe) and then it's in a bun. I just prefer textured, big-ish hair, even when I wear it up, so the summer heat/humidity really doesn't affect it at all.

I hope you find the answer(s) you need. :)

Yeah I'm loving my big-ish hair too but I have the urge to wear my hair down lately. Do you wear your hair down and textured? if so what products do you use?

prospurr4

Do you wear your hair down and textured? if so what products do you use?

Yes...I do occasionally wear twistouts. I co-wash with VO5 or Suave Conditioner, apply some Giovanni Direct Leave-in, then make 10 individual twists on damp hair with castor oil.

Here's a pic from summer 2009:

After a day or two, I put it up into a textured updo.

Last edited:

JJamiah

Okay this is what I am planning on doing, buying some Paul Mitchel hair spray and when I remove my rollers for my beach wave spray it and lightly applying it with my fingers along my hair. I want to keep a style nice in this weather and will find a way. :D

taz007

Yes...I do occasionally wear twistouts. I co-wash with VO5 or Suave Conditioner, apply some Giovanni Direct Leave-in, then make 10 individual twists on damp hair with castor oil.

:worship2::kneel:

I have a new hair idol!!!!

NIN4eva

John Frieda Frizz Ease has been great for me this year. I've been mixing it with olive and grapeseed oils.

southerncitygirl

i only straigten in the months when there is low to no humidity, since i am natural. i am a twistout queen so that if the hair gets frizzy it will look cute and I wash more often sometimes 2-3 times a week.

isawstars

Gorgeous!!... I just hate how my hair looks shoulder length if I don't straighten it :( I will still try this out though.

prospurr4

:worship2::kneel:

I have a new hair idol!!!!

Thanks taz! You have some thick, beautiful hair; I do a double-take eveyrtime I pass your last siggy pic!

I totally agree with you Taz007!!

I love your hair Prospurr4, very beautiful!!!!

:wow::waytogo:

Thanks, Chocolate Girl!

Gorgeous!!... I just hate how my hair looks shoulder length if I don't straighten it :( I will still try this out though.

Thanks! I know what you are saying about your hair appearing SL. I actually enjoyed that stage of my hair journey because everything seemed easier then...rollersetting, detangling, self-relaxing, etc.

paragon1day

Maybe you can do a twist and curl. It's really cute and on SL hair it looks like a curly fro but not as big. Oh, and don't use products w/ glycerin. They make your hair frizzy b/c it's a humectant, correct me if I am wrong.

When I do it, I apply a moisturizer, foam styling lotion, and garnier fructis anti frizz serum. Then, I twist and roll w/ a small foam roller. Comes out so cute and I wear it for 3 days.

Day 1: untwist and pull each twist half once
Day 2: fluff and pull a little more if frizzy; apply moisturizer and anti frizz
Day 3: pull and make it look like a curly afro. People really think I am natural when I do this, LOL.

Oh, I have relaxed ends but half of my head is texlaxed. I can't wait for it to be fully texlaxed that style will be too fly, LOL