Any Henna/Indigo recipe suggestions for JET black hair?

HoneyDew

I am going to do a henna treatment this weekend. It will be my 1st time using Indigo and “real” henna. In the past I have used the so-called compound hennas and, honestly I have really been pleased with them.

Anyway, this time I have some honey, citric acid and pectin, and some Indigo and Henna that I bought from http://www.hennasooq.com/.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what I can do to keep my jet black hair?

Thanks in advance!!!!

(has this already been posted? If so, anyone have a link to the thread?)

As an aspiring henna user looking to maximize and enhance my jet black hair, I appreciate this question... The other henna threads are quite overwhelming.

HoneyDew said:
I am going to do a henna treatment this weekend. It will be my 1st time using Indigo and “real” henna. In the past I have used the so-called compound hennas and, honestly I have really been pleased with them.

Anyway, this time I have some honey, citric acid and pectin, and some Indigo and Henna that I bought from http://www.hennasooq.com/.

What's the purpose of using the other ingredients? Or is there some place that explains what various ingredients in henna are used for?

RelaxerRehab said:
What's the purpose of using the other ingredients? Or is there some place that explains what various ingredients in henna are used for?

If I understand correctly, the citric acid is used as a terp (because it's acidic) to help release the dye in the henna. Since citric acid can be drying, the honey is added for moisture.....and pectin is suppose to help make it easier to get the henna out of the hair during rinsing. HTH :)
(Disclaimer: I've been doing research, hennaforhair.com & hennasooq.com, because I plan to use it for the first time this weekend, so I'm not an experienced henna user) ;)

Waiting for the experienced henna users to chime in.........

We used to live in Laurel, MD !!! We still have some friends there and actually one of my girlfriends live in Columbia as well.

My hubby is going to MD in the beginning of November so if you or anyone else needs anything from the great north Canada, lol, let us know.

Khadija

Back