Any LHCF members in high school/college??

im 19 almost 20 and ready to stop getting older!!!!!
I am a dual degree student THE Fort Valley State University obtaining my Chemistry degree (will make my own hair care line one day :yep: ) and in two years I will be at Ga Tech for earning my chemical engineering degree (GO JACKETS)

I am currently 1 year into transitioning and planning to BC in February for my birthday BUT I am itching to cut, so it may be sooner. I also am currently weaved up into the end of this month.

Regimen:
weekly cowash (mix of things) and dc (especially dc because I am getting dying the hair)
Styling:braid/twist outs, buns, roller sets (no more heat until BC)
moisturize twice a day and seal ends with Lavender oil
Drink AT LEAST a gallon of water a day

I'm a college sophomore (19) and go to one of the many schools in Cambridge, Ma. It's like everyone here is going natural! I'm still clinging on to the creamy crack, though. :lachen:

you are quite close to me! nice to know that I'm not alone. :yep:

I'm 21 and I am a Biology-Premed major at Xavier University of New Orleans.

As of now I don't have a steady regimen per se but I am moisturizing,sealing and steaming my hair.

I just decided to transition.

im 18!! i plan on tranfering to UGA next year from this little community college where i live. And i dont have much of a reggie. i mostly just cowash like twice a week and then shampoo whenever i feel i need it. i try to dc once a week but i get lazy a lot. oh and i use a lot of castor oil because i have SUPER thin hair.

ezina, I'm from Boston and know a lot of ppl from Cambridge, just checking lol

sopo144
Awesome! Lemme try my luck...are you a sophomore at BC? I know, random, lol. My best friend goes there.

you are quite close to me! nice to know that I'm not alone. :yep:

fembot.
Lol, how can you possibly be alone in a city like Boston? Just like NYC, I'm always bound to find anything, no matter how obscure :lol:. Head's up to big (diverse) cities!!

heyy im 17 also! i attend stevenson univ. in baltimore county.

im newly natural- not in love with my length but i love the curly texture. im doing the hide your hair challenge. i jus got braids in , but most of the time i wear wigsz. My short term goal is two retain a inch a month. mhy length is currently btw ear and neck length. im shootin for neck/shoulder length in summer11 ! :) i conditioner my hair 3times a week and oil it daily. havin serious problems with itcing thou

ezina, no I'm in DC for school. I've ALWAYS hated BC! BU all day! lol. Is your bf from Boston? I don't know too many ppl from BC..

meeeeeeee. I'm 18 in my freshmen year of college in a school in MA . Currently I'm just moisturizing my hair while it's in braids. so ... cheaaaa that's it ... yayyyy college lol

im 19 almost 20 and ready to stop getting older!!!!!
I am a dual degree student THE Fort Valley State University obtaining my Chemistry degree (will make my own hair care line one day :yep: ) and in two years I will be at Ga Tech for earning my chemical engineering degree (GO JACKETS)

I am currently 1 year into transitioning and planning to BC in February for my birthday BUT I am itching to cut, so it may be sooner. I also am currently weaved up into the end of this month.

Regimen:
weekly cowash (mix of things) and dc (especially dc because I am getting dying the hair)
Styling:braid/twist outs, buns, roller sets (no more heat until BC)
moisturize twice a day and seal ends with Lavender oil
Drink AT LEAST a gallon of water a day

science majors on deck lol...i bet u live in labs like me lol

hi! I'm 16 I didn't think there was anyone else here close to my age.
I'm natural, I try to wash and deep condition once a week, moisturize with coconut oil and flat iron with my maxiglide.

Well I'm 22, about to be 23 next month but I am a college student(rising junior) @ Ga State University with a major in nursing. As far as my regi:

Prepoo overnight every 2 weeks with X-virgin organic coconut oil
Shampoo hair in 14 detangled braided sections with diluted shampoo,aloe vera juice, and organic X-Virgin olive oil
Condition with Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Condish or my homemade mix of yogurt, honey, avocado, and a dab of olive oil
Sit under steamer with conditioner on for about 30 min
Rinse each section individually and let air dry
After drying unbraid each section and apply mix of water, aloe vera juice, and honey to slightly dampen.
Dab a bit of Oyin Handmade Shine and Define and finger comb through
Add Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar pomade to ends to seal and work upwards.
Braid each section up again and let air-dry
The result: Soft, shiny, defined hair
I moisturize as needed every other day or so with Oyin Handmade Juices Berries and/or my homemade mix of Water, honey, and aloe vera juice. I also will sit under my steamer if I feel like my hair has lost alot of moisture due to winter hats and/or the cold weather.
I also do scalp massages at least 3 times a week with Bazaar of India Brahmi/Alma oil, and Bringraj oil and moisturize/oil my edges and nape daily since these two areas suffered damage from lace front wigs

Im a jr at Howard University majoring in business

My primary style right now are wigs, however I also like twists too
I deep condition weekly with a mix of Govianni 50-50, Yes to Carrots, and Phillip B's Shea Butter Deep Conditioner( tj maxx has alot of professional hair care brands for cheap)
I shampoo every two weeks with shampoo bar or human nature's aloe vera shampoo; I prepoo with wateva
I use blackstrap molasses often to build strength in addition to protein and cermide oils b/c I have fine hair that is prone to breakage left alone
I also baggie nightly and moisture daily with a mix of aloe vera juice, taliah waajid's body mistifer, cermide oils, aphogee green tea reconstructor, and infusium 23.
It sounds like alot of products but most are left overs in addition to the fact that im overseas right now studying abroad so I brought an A** of stuff.

I'm 18 &will be attending the University of Pretoria (just moved to South Africa) the end of this month.. I don't really have a solid regimen but I'm transitioning and I'll be one year post in July! I'm usually in braids and weaves to ease the transition process. I use Tresseme naturals for now for cowashes and Yes to Carrots for DC mixed with honey and oils. I try to poo every week or every other week depending on build up.

I'm a recent college grad lol. I haven't yet made the transition from college to real world...

But I'm 22 yrs old, turning 23 next month. I co wash daily diluted with baking soda and I use a bit of Wonder 8 Oil. I prepoo with an egg, Lustrasilk Shea Butter + Mango Cholesterol, honey, EVOO, and castor oil. I shampoo 1x a week with shampoo bars from chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com. I clairfy 1x a month with Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo and Creme of Nature shampoo (green label). I DC 1x a week with ORS Replenishing Conditioner. I moisturize daily with Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Hair Lotion, and seal with coconut oil and castor oil.

24 years old :D

I attend a private catholic college in San Antonio Texas, and my major is Social Work

I'm in an INTENSE love affair with twist-outs at the moment, because I was having a hard time with single strand knots on one side of my head, and I found that they were ELIMINATED (98.9999999999%) by keeping my hair stretched out with this hair do, and with my schedule (14 hours last semester) it was a lot easier to maintain (keep looking good without compromising my strands) than my regular picked out fro.

Regimen:

LIVE FOR THIS LEAVE IN!:drunk::
eM3u2.jpg

It's a vegan leave in conditioner I found at my whole foods almost a year ago. It keeps my hair soft and moisturised all day AND it's touchable once it dries. Love it.

Twisting with:
XRmj1.jpg

Got at Sally's. I just apply my GLORIOUS leave in (above), then grab my tub of ECO, throw on a movie, and twist. I part with my fingers, and just do a simple two strand twist. I've started parting bigger sections as my hair grew longer, I'd say two fingers across, and an inch or so in height (results in my siggie). It takes me maybe 2 hours if I don't get distracted, and lasts me the whole week. :D

Seal and Protect my ends with this:

sHFtH.jpg

Got it from my CVS. Can be found almost anywhere. I Apply leave in, comb/detangle so the leave in is distributed root to tip. I have a cap full of the castor oil off to the side, so when I'm done detanglilng, I dip my finger in there, and I kind of "pinch" just my ends with it. I get a peasized amount of ECO, comb it through and then I twist.

Like I said, all this takes me maybe 2 to 3 hours including detangling, and it lasts me the whole week, no fuss, all the time for studying I need (made honor roll last semester, THANKS PROTECTIVE STYLING!:lol:)

Other than that, I just co-wash with whatever :spinning:every other day when I'm not twisting. HTH and HHG!

I'm 22... a senior at Howard..my staples are Cantu Shea butter, loads of conditioner especially Givoanni 50/50, Taliah Waajid Protective Mist, Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1, aloe vera gel and coconut oil

Lol i knew id find one Howard girl on here.. I go to Howard too im a Junior.

Im 21 and enlisted, taking classes here and there. Working toward a degree in computer information systems. I dont really have a solid regi...I just use whatever I have. Three things I do stick to are coconut oil, Ion's silk drops, and ORS replenishing packs. Occasionally Aphogee's 2 minute reconstructor.

I'm 18, freshman at University of Pennsylvania majoring in nursing.
I'm pretty clueless about my regi. I had one for my relaxed hair and it grew A LOT (mid NL to CBL in 6 months), but its not working too well for my natural hair. I currently cowash daily and leave a little conditioner in to define my curls, apply a little bit of cantu shea butter leave in, and use ecostyler. At night I spritz with water and use a little castor oil. It looks good for the day, but I look BUSTED when I wake up the next morning, so its only a one day style.

I'm 21 and I am a Biology-Premed major at Xavier University of New Orleans.

As of now I don't have a steady regimen per se but I am moisturizing,sealing and steaming my hair.

I just decided to transition.

I very seriously considered going to this school! How has it been there? I'm considering transferring. I have only heard that you don't really get the college expcerience because everything there is so serious and academic. Do you agree with that?

And I'm Biology-Premed. My regimen is C&G straight up. Currently in individuals, next is crochet. I'll make a big reveal thread at the end of the year. :grin:

Last edited:
I'm a 20 year old senior [elementary edu && spanish] at Emmanuel College in Boston. I started school early so I'm always the baby lol.

I wash weekly wit Herbal Essences Break's Over
I shampoo when necessary with Aussie Moist Shampoo or Suave's Almond and Shae Butter Shampoo
I deep condition weekly with Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditioning treatment and Crece Pelo hair treatment.

I oil my scalp daily with a mixture of Olive Oil, Motions Natural Marula Oil (very light & good for all hair types), and Jamaican Black Castor Oil. I also use this on my ends.

I moisturize with Herbal Essences None of your Frizziness and seal with my oil mixture.

I usually wear wash n gos done with just my conditioner (Tightly Curly Method) or shingling with Ecostyler.

But i also do twist/ twist outs with the Jessicurl conditioner or Ecostyler

im 19 and i attend Mississippi State University, majoring in art! i wouldn't call what i have a constant reggi because i don't do things on a particular day. i mostly shampoo at least twice a month and co-wash at least twice a week and then seal with my shea butter mixture and braid into like six braids and put on hat. :) protective styling my way to success!

Professional College student checking in.... 23 attending North Carolina State getting dual degrees in Political Sciece and Nutrition Science. I am burnt out and ready to graduate!

My signature explains my hair regimen... Short and simple! :)

I'm 20, enlisted and taking a few classes at prince George community college trying to commission in nursing...seems everybody's doing nursing lol.

Regimen: wash with ao gpb shampoo and condish 1x a week.
Dc 1x a week with my homemade dc.
Kimmaytubes leave in
Ps for the week!!
When I workout I cowash
Seal with coconut oil
I'm trying to eliminate most of the chemicals in my hair...so I make a lot of stuff lol.

Being in the air force forces me to ps which is good because I probably wouldn't lol...

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Im 21 and enlisted, taking classes here and there. Working toward a degree in computer information systems. I dont really have a solid regi...I just use whatever I have. Three things I do stick to are coconut oil, Ion's silk drops, and ORS replenishing packs. Occasionally Aphogee's 2 minute reconstructor.

Where r u stationed and what branch r u n?

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

ijust turned 17 in January :peace: ijoined the forum when iwas 16 :)

igo to Sycamore High School :ohwell: and idont really have a stable regime :blush::blush:

Last edited:
Back