Any Naturals and/or Texturized folks who go to Salon??

itismehmmkay

What are your experiences?

How often do you go?

Can you tell the difference at the salon vs. diy (doing it yourself)?

I wonder about that as well.

I've only gone to the salon for (1) blow outs--works out great at good places; (2) straw curls once--disaster--I hated it--overpriced waste of money...(3) braids a while ago. Also overpriced and they balked at not using extensions.

I wish I lived in NY so I could go to Curve. Not for chemical services or anything, but it looks like the folx who go there have healthy, healthy hair. I don't trust the stylists around here with my natural hair. I went to get my hair cornrowed and saw the stylist yanking the comb through a 4-year olds natural hair! That poor baby cried and cried. :(

Hi, i'm Natural and I went to Nedjetti's House of Peace in New Jersey this past Friday night. It was wonderful! It was a very spalike experience. She only does natural hair and it's a one woman operation. She takes very good care of your hair as well as does scalp massages. I got comb coils done. I will take pics and post this week. Here's her website:

http://www.nedjetti.com/

I went to Oh My Nappy Hair! Salon which is a natural hair salon. They seemed baffled about how to detangle my hair and pulled out hair and left me in pain. Also, my hair was pressed with a pressing comb and the owner kept hitting my scalp virtually every time she pulled the comb through.

I went to Turning Pointz in Silver Spring, MD this past Saturday. I got 2 strand twist and I do notice a difference. When I get them professionally done, they are alot neater and size of the twists are more consistent. I usally go 1 to 2 times a month. The girl I go to, Katis da' bomb with duplicating cornroll styles from a picture you show her. But like any salon..the downfall is the waiting time, esp. on a Saturday.

Back