any one ever hear of mos-ka oil?

I have this Dominican chick who works with me she uses baby shampoo and deiz en uno conditioner , then she goes to the dominican hairdresser who blows her hair out . the only product she uses is this mos-ka oil which consists of vaseline and coconut oil, her hair is shoulder length ... she has 4 a hair and I have never seen someone' <font color="brown"> </font> s hair look like caucasion hair the way her hair does when she gets it blown out..
does anyone else use this oil.?

Devi

No, I don't use it just because it has mineral oil/petroleum. The mineral oil/pertoleum stuff just doesn't work in my hair... and I wouldn't touch my scalp with the stuff.

Britt

I've heard a lot of Domnicans talk about Moska oil for growth. The ingredients are nothing spectacular though. I wonder whats the "special" ingredient?

HelloRosie

Yeah, my mother used it on me all the time. She usually blends it with some other oils in a jar... and this will sound funny.. but she also does something with chicken.. I dont know exactly what, but I know she uses chicken (the skin I believe) and puts the extracted oil into the jar with the other oils. Its stinky, but it made my hair grow lots, in terms of amount. I might have been able to have better hair, if I took care of it like she used to. But, I "experimented" too much with color, heat and relaxing... Brutality.

Boadicea

One many of the bottles, the only ingredients listed are: liquidized petrolatum and fragrance; or liquid petrolatum, mineral oil, fragrance.

Other ingredients, if any, may be inactive (which are some times not listed because of that fact), but as to what they are (if there are any), I don't know how one would find out.

The BSS I go to has a whole rack of Moska oil from different companies. The main characteristic is that they're mostly all a clear neon/bright blue oil and they come in small bottles for $2.00-99

Namilani

Bump! I'm not hearing much about this, but my niece swears by it! (She uses it for Dominican blow outs. I don't know her hair "type", but it is super-thick, natural and almost apl) One brand I saw had lavender oil in it, but this stuff sounds pretty much like Vaseline???