Any positive results from Vitamin E oil users?

I've just started taking this with the Solgar brand. I got the capsules and pierced one and am using it on my hair line. I'll continue this each day and see how I get on. However, I was using castor oil up till now. Would it be okay to alternative days btw each, vit e one night, castor the next or could I mix both and then apply? would they 'interfere' with each other if mixed? Just wondering if I should just stick to one from the two...

Anyone had very positive visual results from vit e?

Thanks! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Azalia

Hello BRH,
I did recieve postive results from using the Vitamin E. It took about 4 week before I really saw a big difference. I used the capsules and applied it to my hair line. How long have you been using the castor oil? I just went out and bought pure castor oil today to see if I could get quicker results. What was the name of the scalp oil that you recommended by African Pride? I wonder if that is the same oil my mother and niece used to grow their hair out. It had pictures of three ladies in different hair growth stages. Good Luck /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Azalia

I forgot to tell you I was just looking at your pictures again and you really gained alot of inches in just a short while I really love the Nov 1 or 21 photo from the salon what is your hair and vitamin regimen. I'm wearing my natural hair now and I'm really scared I'm not going to get the same results that I got with my sew-in. I would get at least 1inch a month, how much growth do get in a month? I have one more question for you BRH, how often do you shampoo your hair. Any advise will help. Thanx a bunch /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne0914

i don't see any harm in using both, but i'm no expert. i usually see fine hairs start to grow after a couple of weeks of inconsistent use. lol! so you should see great result being more consistent.

how long have you been using the castor oil?

adrienne

Thanks Azalia and Adrienne,

I've been doing the castor oil thing on and off for a month. But I'm not consistent with it. The brand is The Palma Christi Castor Oil. Ingredients is just pure cold pressed castor oil. It cost like $3 for 4 fl oz which'll last me forever.

I'll continue with the vit e thing and see how it goes and I'll try to be more consistant!

Azalia, I get approx 1 inch a month ish. I don't really measure so I can't tell. I did get a trim of a good 1/2 inch in December and I'm getting a touch up later this month so it'll be interesting to see if there's a change or not. My growth slows down though in winter so there probably won't be much of a change, esp. with the trim too.

My regime is to usually wash and condition every 3/4 days. Although recently I've been exercising alot and do COwashes after a session, run Kiehls silk groom through and pin it up and air dry. Its just easiest since the next day I'll exercise anyway and have to re-wash it. I try and do a pre-oil treatment before I wash, putting olive oil on dry hair ends, pinning it up then exercising or just pre oiling then after say 30 mins or so, shampooing and conditioning as normal.

Vitamin wise: Approx 2,000 MSM powder daily mixed in my morning OJ, 1,000 B5, 4,000 biotin. 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil per day.

The only advice I would give is to keep your hair ends moisturized every day. That'll allow you to retain length without getting too many split ends. That and pre oil treatments. I also like adding olive oil to conditioners sometimes. A nice tip to boost moisture in the hair when washing. Hope this helps? /images/graemlins/grin.gif