Any preggies out there using hair growth vitamins?

tnorenberg

I', in my 5th month and want to do something to boost my hair growth. I am afraid of the MSM, a little curious about the silica, and I've upped my biotin a little. What is anyone adding to their regimen for extra growth during pregnancy?

If you are considering taking any additional supplements, you should ask your doctor first. I'm not currently pregnant but I have been (twice) and I was growing my hair out during both. I only took prenatal vitamins and just used more topical agents like oils to increase growth. Naturally, the increase in hormones during pregnancy in conjunction with the prenatal vitamins made my hair grow a lot especially after giving birth.

I stopped taking all supplements when I found out I was pregnant. Just took the prenatal vit and iron. I am now 34 weeks and have restarted biotin and flaxseed last week. If I were you I would not take anything else until your baby is nearly fullterm.

That's pretty much what I am doing right now. My prenates, foilc acid, biotin (its also in the prenates), fish oil, extra iron only when I feel I have no energy and calcium. Ive been doing so much research on every vitamin I take, but here recently I have learned about so many others with the LCHF. But almost all of them have some kind of unwanted side effect.

Hey there, I'm 6 weeks along and take my prenatals and extra iron. I stopped my fish oil (cod liver oil) 'cause I was worried about too much vitamin A. How much vitamin A does yours have? In your reading, did you see anything about this?

TIA!

i'm 7 weeks and i'm not taking anything but prenatals, calcium and iron. i wouldn't take anything else especially mtg, msm, etc............... i stopped taking fish oil because i was concerned it was too much..............i haven't heard anything about vitamin a??? i think the typical prenatal vit has 50% vit a

I actually started a thread asking about adding MSM to my regime to get better growth results. Biotin has some MSM in it. I would stay stick to the prenatal.

PLEASE DON`T TAKE ANY SUPPLEMENTS WHILE PREGNANT THAT YOUR DOCTOR DOESN`T ADVISE!!!! MSM IN HIGH DOES CAN THIN YOUR BLOOD ((WHICH CAN POSSIBLY MAKE YOU MISCARRY)) HIGH DOES OF BIOTIN MAY ALSO CAUSE A CAFFEINE-LIKE HYPERACTIVITY IN YOUR UNBORN BABY.....PLEASE BE CAREFUL

Yeah, that MSM is a real monster if you are pregnant. I read that it can effect estrogen levels. That's why some of you report that you have less cramping during your menustral periods. Screwing around with the levels of estrogen could in fact cause your body to abort the baby you are carrying. Horsetail silica has nicotine, so that would be like sucking on a cancer stick (ciggarette) while you are pregnant.

Oh, and I forgot about sulfur (the MTG stuff).High doses of sulfur can affect birth weight and lead to premature birth. So forget about anything with sulfur, ingested or on the scalp.

Back