Best hair vitamins

UmSumayyah

Please list your best brands of hair vitamins here, the ones that you have seen change your hair, i.e.: faster growth rate, thickness, softness, shine etc. I'm thinking of upping my vitamin intake a little.

Best:

Biotin
MSM
Silica
Flaxseed oil
Evening Primrose Oil
L-cysteine
B-complex
Hair multi (GNC nourishair, etc)

Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
The only vitamins I've tried and have worked wonders for me is Super B-Complex and my multi-vitamin.

I feel like that's all the vitamins I need to take. How much longer would your hair grow taking more vitamins? Think about it. Unless you want to be a pill popper, I would suggest taking no more than 3 vitamins for your overall health. ;)

Nyambura

surfer girl
UmSumayyah said:
Please list your best hair vitamins here, the ones that you have seen change your hair, i.e.: faster growth rate, thickness, softness, shine etc. I'm thinking of upping my vitamin intake a little.

Best:

Biotin
MSM
Silica
Flaxseed oil
Evening Primrose Oil
L-cysteine
B-complex
Hair multi (GNC nourishair, etc)

B-complex
Biotin
MSM
Omega fatty acids
Pantothenic Acid - 500 mgs 2x/day
Viviscal

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
UmSumayyah said:
OOps! I meant the best brands. I edited the 1st post.
Oh ok! I take NatureMade Super B-Complex.

My multi-vitamin is Advanced Complete (compared to Centrum). I don't know what the best brand is, I'm just taking it for overall health. ;)

Nyambura

surfer girl
UmSumayyah said:
OOps! I meant the best brands. I edited the 1st post.

Ok. I am partial to Solgar, Solaray, and TwinLab. I prefer Puritan's Pride MSM. I have heard Jade21 sing the praises of Freeda Biotin. One of these days, I'll check it out. I also stumbled onto the above brands -except PP- b/c of her recs. I've been happy with all of them.

Happy New Year's everyone! [I'm an hour early but I'm old so I'm going to bed!]

SplashAtl

I take the following for overall health, but with a focus on hair growth. I'm not really sure about the best brands. I just recently started the Puritan's Pride because so many people on the board recommended it. I'll probably try more when my others run out.

GNC Ultra Nourishair (2 Tablets/day)
Puritan's Pride Biotin (1000 mcg - 5 tablets/day)
GNC Silica (11 mg - 2 tablets/day)
Spring Valley Evening Primrose Oil (1000 mg - 1 softgel/day))
Spring Valley MSM w/Glucosamine (500 mg - 2 capsules/day)
Spring Valley Flax Oil (1000 mg - 1 softgel/day)
GNC Folic Acid (400 mcg - 1 tablet/day)
Nature Made Vitamin C (500 mg - 1 caplet/day)