Any relaxed heads co-washing daily?

turnergirl

I cowash anywhere from everyday a week to one day a week. I workout and sweat a lot so that's why I started cowashing and I love it. I think my hair does, too. When I cowash I usually do one of the styles in my no heat album of my fotki. I also may rock the donut bun. My favorite style to do after a cowash is the bantu knot set.

Your Bantu Knot sets are gorgeous. I have to try your method. Can you give it to me. What product did you put in it.

Anywho, I co-wash daily because I can't break the habit I have from being natural. I just cna't coordinate the co-wash with being able to wear another style. I will not wake up early enough to sit under the dryer.

bravenewgirl87

I've been co-washing everyday for a year now. I use LR. I find that it makes the LR work better. I also do the hot and cold rinses when I cowash. Oh, I applied my LR twice a day everyday. Lately I've been slacking.

xxCami

I would love to co wash .. but my hair is permed and it still looks natural wet. so is it safe?
Does Con clean the scalp and doesnt it leave build up?

- cami

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Bumping for more responses.

I'm thinking on re-starting my exercise program and it looks like I will have to try daily co-washing to keep my scalp clean.

Just hoping it doesn't take too much of a toll on my fine relaxed hair.

I'm still co washing daily :yep:

I exercise daily and it's so refreshing to wash my scalp after sweating so much!

Since you have fine hair, try using lighter/thinner conditioners like V05 and Suave, be sure to clarify monthly, and you should be fine :grin:

tiffers

I would love to co wash .. but my hair is permed and it still looks natural wet. so is it safe?
Does Con clean the scalp and doesnt it leave build up?

- cami

You should be fine :yep:

Using conditioner does clean your hair and scalp to a degree, but of course not as thorough as shampoo does. Co washing is a way to mildly clean your hair while moisturizing it and making it smell good :grin: Co washing can cause build up if you use conditioners with cones.

My hair loves cones, so I use them. I just make sure to chelate monthly and I haven't had any problems :)

Tamrin

unapologetic

I exercise daily and it's so refreshing to wash my scalp after sweating so much!

Since you have fine hair, try using lighter/thinner conditioners like V05 and Suave, be sure to clarify monthly, and you should be fine :grin:

I agree with you on that. I Co wash daily and do braid outs. I go running and I need that salt out my hair. My hair is loving it.

talata

Thanks Tiffers. How do you do your co-washes? What other products do you use after you wash?

Looking forward to the clean scalp feeling.
-

Cinda2503

I am relaxed and I co-wash daily:grin: My hair loves it:yep: I use VO5 or Suave (I actually like Suave better - but I just buy whatever's on sale:yep:). I co-wash in the a.m. and coat my hair with Granier-Fructis Strength and Repair conditioner then evoo. I wear my hair in a bun daily. I also exercise daily so my hair always smells good and feels clean. I love when I takr my hair out of the bun in the p.m. it's still damp and smells soooooo good:lick::drunk::spinning:

tiffers

Thanks Tiffers. How do you do your co-washes? What other products do you use after you wash?

Looking forward to the clean scalp feeling.
-

I co wash two different ways, depending on how I'm feeling that day

1)Get in the shower, rinse hair really well and slather on conditioner. Clip my hair up, finish with my shower, then rinse my hair out

2)Put conditioner on dry hair and cover with a plastic cap. Workout, take a shower, rinse out conditioner

After I co wash, I use a little bit of conditioner as a leave-in. Right now I'm using Tresemme Smooth & Silky. Then I'll seal with an oil or serum and bun it up. Sometimes I put my hair in a big twist or braid and clip it up on the back of my head.

SunnyDelight

I am relaxed and I co-wash daily:grin: My hair loves it:yep: I use VO5 or Suave (I actually like Suave better - but I just buy whatever's on sale:yep:). I co-wash in the a.m. and coat my hair with Granier-Fructis Strength and Repair conditioner then evoo. I wear my hair in a bun daily. I also exercise daily so my hair always smells good and feels clean. I love when I takr my hair out of the bun in the p.m. it's still damp and smells soooooo good:lick::drunk::spinning:

^^^ Exactly why I love cowashing daily^^^

talata

I co wash two different ways, depending on how I'm feeling that day

1)Get in the shower, rinse hair really well and slather on conditioner. Clip my hair up, finish with my shower, then rinse my hair out

2)Put conditioner on dry hair and cover with a plastic cap. Workout, take a shower, rinse out conditioner

After I co wash, I use a little bit of conditioner as a leave-in. Right now I'm using Tresemme Smooth & Silky. Then I'll seal with an oil or serum and bun it up. Sometimes I put my hair in a big twist or braid and clip it up on the back of my head.

Thanks Tiffers, you are sooo helpful. I think I am going to try option 2 in the morning. I think I have a bottle of VO5 strawberries and cream somewhere.

-