Any side effects to using Neosporin AF or Yeast Infection cream

KiniKakes

Mahalialee4 said:
So do I understand you ladies: HoneyDew and Kinikakes: That when you discontinued use of the "cream" that your growth remained at 1.5 inches or whichever faster growth rate you were getting with the cream. If so...maybe the cream jumpstarted your genetic rate after whatever encumberances were removed. If you did not relax, would you use it consistently, HoneyDew since you would not be concerned out the new growth coming in so fast? Thanks for replies. bonjour

Yes, that is correct that my growth has remained consistent, even when I occasionally discontinue use. And NO headaches, ever.

But when I do discontinue use (and its only been out of laziness), Im using MTG (which could explain why there's no change). So its either one or the other..... the MTG is just easier to apply to me, because Ive gotten real lazy with it and can just drizzle it (straight from the bottle) right over the top of my hair without parting it or anything. It cuts down on the time factor tremendously.

FYI, my growth has NEVER been 1.5" per month, lol. Im not one of those lucky ones. :)

But i definitely attribute my growth rate to a combination of the two (plus the rest of my regimen, of course). And fortunately, no side effects at all.

gn1g

I mixed Lenzi's Request, MN and Capazin, got extreme growth and extreme dry scalp. Haven't used it in about 5 weeks but I intend to use it again as soon as I get a touch up.

The problem is that you can't stretch as often and now I plan on oiling my scalp daily.

Vicki in Oregon

So can MTG cause headaches I wonder? I am glad for this thread because if someone develops headaches they can at least stop it sooner because they are aware of the cause.

What is Lenzi's Request gn?, and Capazin is the arthritis cream? I wonder if there have been headaches or any problems with those...?

Britfem27

hi, yes in answer to your question my hair growth slowed to less than usual after I stopped using it but it is growing fine now. Also I was not aware that it was causing my headaches at all. I just stopped using it because I started thinking it was silly to be so impatient and that I should just spend the time moisturising my ends instead.

I am very low maintenance and I don't like spending too much time/ money on my hair if I think it's unecessary. Im a married, pregnant and a Mum so you know.. But then when you asked the question I had to respond because I did experience bad headaches. I thought I was severely dehydrated, but looking back it was not that.

Vicki in Oregon

Hi everyone,
Weeks back I used Neosporin AF for the purpose of my hair growing faster, i had read on here it worked for some. Within a couple weeks I stopped because of severe headaches. Turned out many others experienced them as well on here. Anyway, even after I stopped using the stuff for another month I had NO appetite too. No explanation for that to happen. One person commented that for a while their hair did not even grow its normal amount after they stopped using it which I am experiencing it too. The fact that this topical can make hair grow faster, then stunt growth when stopped, caused major headaches in so many people, makes me wonder of more damage it could have caused. Those are major changes. Because shortly after I stopped it I developed super dry eyes, one especially. It is so painful. I can no longer wear contacts and there is little the opthamologists can do about the inflammation caused by the dryness and even less for the dryness. The pain is terrible, it always feels like something is in my eyes, always. Since the AF clearly has a systemic affect to cause headaches in many (and does cause scalp dryness) I wonder if it could be behind this new problem? I think about the timing being exactly right for all this but is it coincidental? There are stranger truths out there. The doc said once the tear ducts stop producing quality tears it never goes back to normal, which would explain possibly why I have the problem despite having stopped using it. I am so confused and hurting :(

hairIAM

I'm an RN and I think I know why you are experiencing the severe headaches. The nitrate in MN is a vasodilator which opens the blood vessels wherever it is applied. Headaches are a very common side effect of nitrates. I often get mild headaches at work when I apply nitropaste to my patients chest wall if I accidentally get it on my fingertips. Also my patients often complain of headaches when they are on nitroglycerin drips. When I mentioned using MN to my co-worker, we both figured that headaches my possibly happen. I personally don't think there is any risk of any serious damage.

That's my two cents:)

sweetgal

Vicki in Oregon said:
At the risk of sounding selfish, I do wish this info had come out a couple weeks ago before I started taking it. Certainly people had these problems before 2 weeks ago. Like I said, my normal headaches combined with what this thing is doing to me is so unbearable I can't focus at work and it is not reducing despite not using it anymore. I am so upset at myself for trying this. the head, neck, temples inner ear pain is terrible. I realize most don;'t have the neck pain and inner ear pressure but since I get that to a *degree* anyway, and for me they are all connected anyway, I have experienced the symptoms of this product differently and I hate it :( I cant help but worry about long term effects or any damage caused? Anyone know? in my mind I feel like, how can there be so much pain yet not associated with damaging effects? I hope I am wrong. I called the derm who is aware of my hair loss to ask about this but no response yet. I wish it would go away already.

I'm using mn and did get a few minor headaches and was not sure if the two were related. I dont seem to get any headackes now. Are you sure that there is not anything thing else going on? Pehaps the mn just heightend this situation. I would check with a doctor if the major headaches persit past a few days to a week. If you do decide to check with a doctor. I was advised them of what you placed on your sclap so that the doctor can provide you with a more accurate assesment. Good luck girl and please do keep us posted. I do feel for you

sweetgal

hairIAM said:
I'm an RN and I think I know why you are experiencing the severe headaches. The nitrate in MN is a vasodilator which opens the blood vessels wherever it is applied. Headaches are a very common side effect of nitrates. I often get mild headaches at work when I apply nitropaste to my patients chest wall if I accidentally get it on my fingertips. Also my patients often complain of headaches when they are on nitroglycerin drips. When I mentioned using MN to my co-worker, we both figured that headaches my possibly happen. I personally don't think there is any risk of any serious damage.

Sorry, I did not read this one. This makes alot of sense. I think this may be the problem. Many medications and even natural herbs can cause headackes. Headaches are a very common side effect of drugs. Now dont get me wrong. I'm not trying to mininize your headaches..or mine for that matter. I guess you just have to make the best decision for you. I think it's a good idea that you decided to discontinue using mn.

Mahalialee4

I got severe headaches from Surge: It also burns my scalp and causes it to feel like I got scalded with hot water. I got severe headaches from MSM and flu like symptoms as my body started to rapidly and forcefully detox.: I get severe headaches from Rosemary Essential and a few other essential oils; but so far none of them have given me any brain damage...to my knowledge: if you have an allergic reaction or are sensitive to things you can end up with severe sinus effects; inflamed eyes; swollen glands etc. That is my reaction to milk, ice cream, cheeses, and knowing that I have sensitivities; it is my personal responsibility to eliminate what causes them. I have however never heard of milk etc. causing brain damage all though many are allergic or lactose intolerant or both. Many shamppos and conditioners do the same to me and cause me to sneeze, get so stuffed up and show all the symptoms of a cold or flu and etc. etc. The point is: the problem is my sensitivity--not the milk, cheese etc. bonjour

Mestiza

hairIAM said:

That very well could be it! :yep: My dad has needed to take Nitroglycerin, but hates it b/c he says that it makes him feel as though his head is going to burst wide open from the severe headaches. :(

honeybadgirl

i was just reading the thread on lhcf earlier this week about mn and hair growth and was excited to try it. i also read about the headaches that some ladies were mentioning and something in me said, hold off on that. so i didnt run out and buy it. its a good thing that this information is coming out. communication is key! i hope there are no long term side effects from using this method to grow hair. i hope, for the ones experiencing headaches now, feel better soon

Golong

Vicki in Oregon said:
Already I am upset knowing that MSM could potentially have caused my cup size to increase. Stuff like that I don’t need….not bigger hips, nor facial hair and any other hormonal issues. Any opinions appreciated, thanks!
Seriously:eek: :confused: . OHHH you just sold me:D!! is gnc opened yet:lachen: :lachen: .

Brandi

I just decided to give this stuff a try after reading a thread with positive results, but now I'm reconsidering after reading these comments. I definitely don't want any headaches!!!

Maybe I better stick to my regimen.

KEWLKAT103

I went off of it for 2 weeks after the headaches and reading this thread.
I decided that I would try it again after reading what VWVixxen and some other ladies said, but only 2-3 times per week instead of everyday.
Today is my first day back on, so far, so good.

The Girl

Ok I have been using this for a second and hadn't had any headaches UNTIL today...MANN I felt like this one other time when I did a Candida cleanse...I dunno why it is just now starting maybe bc I started my real MSM last week?

Hidden_Angel

Just to throw a possiablity out there, BECAUSE your hair is going through an accurated growth (almost like hormons)that it is giving you headachs?

just a theory

TemiLnd

Vicki in Oregon said:
Are there any internal side effects to using Neosporin AF or the yeast inf creams that contain the same active ingredient, the one that begins with an "M"? Always forget the spelling. Because some topicals can have systemic changes (ie Minoxidol causing hair growth on non scalp areas) and I just want to make sure nothing else will happen. Already I am upset knowing that MSM could potentially have caused my cup size to increase. Stuff like that I don’t need….not bigger hips, nor facial hair and any other hormonal issues. Any opinions appreciated, thanks!

Hi ladies,

I bought an antifungal cream yesterday has 2% Miconazole Nitrate as the active ingrediate.

Daktarin cream
The name of your medicine is Daktarin Dual Action Cream and its active ingredient is miconazole nitrate.

Each gram contains 20 mg of miconazole nitrate.
The cream also contains the following inactive ingredients: water, macrogol and glycol stearate, unsaturated polyglycolysed glycerides, liquid paraffin, benzoic acid (E21 0) and butylated hydroxyanisole (E320).

I have done some further research on the side effects of Miconazole Nitrate – see the link - see the side effects.
http://www.drugs.com/pdr/miconazole_nitrate.html

I think the reason a lot of people are experiencing headaches it because it is a natural side effect of using the product. I think if you do get headaches stop using it for a while or more sparingly. I am yet to experience any side effects though and I mix mine with EVOO and Castor oil b4 application.

Hidden_Angel

TemiLnd said:
Hi ladies,

I bought an antifungal cream yesterday has 2% Miconazole Nitrate as the active ingrediate.

Daktarin cream
The name of your medicine is Daktarin Dual Action Cream and its active ingredient is miconazole nitrate.

Each gram contains 20 mg of miconazole nitrate.
The cream also contains the following inactive ingredients: water, macrogol and glycol stearate, unsaturated polyglycolysed glycerides, liquid paraffin, benzoic acid (E21 0) and butylated hydroxyanisole (E320).

I have done some further research on the side effects of Miconazole Nitrate – see the link - see the side effects.
http://www.drugs.com/pdr/miconazole_nitrate.html

I think the reason a lot of people are experiencing headaches it because it is a natural side effect of using the product. I think if you do get headaches stop using it for a while or more sparingly. I am yet to experience any side effects though and I mix mine with EVOO and Castor oil b4 application.

great cause i didnt want give up my MN

lana

I got headaches and vivid dreams and that medicine head feeling, so I figure this stuff was messing with my brain chemistry somehow and that's not cool so I stopped using it.

But let me say that I am very sensitive to any medication or ointment that I've ever used. It's like it goes right into my blood stream, even if I use it topically (scalp only). So it just wasn't for me.

But I do believe it has helped others with growth!

PEACHEY

I HAVE BEEN USING THIS MIXTURE FOR TWO WEEKS NOW AND I HAVE NOT HAD ANY SIDE EFFECTS.

I AM NOTICING A LOT OF GROWTH. I GOT A PERM THE WEEKEND BEFORE STARTING THIS MIXTURE AND YET IT APPEARS THAT I NEED ANOTHER PERM ALREADY.

I LOVE THIS GROWTH SPURT, BUT I HAVE VERY THICK HAIR. SO CAN SOMEONE RECOMMEND SOMETHING I CAN USE TO SOFTEN MY NEW GROWTH.

PrincessDiva

Vicki in Oregon said:
Are there any internal side effects to using Neosporin AF or the yeast inf creams that contain the same active ingredient, the one that begins with an "M"? Always forget the spelling. Because some topicals can have systemic changes (ie Minoxidol causing hair growth on non scalp areas) and I just want to make sure nothing else will happen. Already I am upset knowing that MSM could potentially have caused my cup size to increase. Stuff like that I don’t need….not bigger hips, nor facial hair and any other hormonal issues. Any opinions appreciated, thanks!

I have taken MSM for 2 years( High doses).. I wish my cup size would increase. I'm still AA:lol: :lol: