Anybody else having dry scalp issues...or is it just me??

SaintLuxe

my scalp has been really dry lately, i haven't been doing anything different from my normal routine:confused: . i can usually wash weekly w/o much dandruff, but now i feel like i need to wash w/in 3-4 days (i don't tho, don't want to dry out my scalp even more). any suggestions for relieving my itchies, scalp treatment, etc....would be appreciated!

TIA!

ps-my hair hates Head & Shoulders!

Divine Inspiration

What do you put on your scalp? My dryscalp/itchy scalp/dandruff issues halted when I stopped using grease.

Also, Kercare makes a Dry & Itchy Scalp poo that may be worth trying.

SaintLuxe

thanks for the Keracare suggestion....i don't put anything on my scalp...grease, etc. always makes my scalp itch. i wouldn't mind some type of scalp treatment that i could use after i do my weekly wash.

blue_flower

Lately I've had a similiar problem and I wonder if it has anything to do with the weather or the shampoos I use. My plan is to go a week without shampooing and conditioner-wash only in order to see if it really is the shampoo. But in the meantime I discovered putting Sweet Almond Oil on my scalp helps tremendously.

gymfreak336

One thing that helps me alot is the head and shoulders conditioner for dry/itchy scalps. I rub this on my scalp before washing and leave it on for 10 mins. Rinse, shampoo with something with zinc in it and leave it on for 3 mins. Proceed with deep conditioning as usual. After doing this for 2-3 washes I am usually back to normal.

stargazer613

I recommend jojoba oil on the scalp and discontinue using shampoos with SLS/ALS. If possible, use a natural/organic shampoo and see if that helps alleviate your symptoms.:)

mrsmeredith

I had that problem before. I used Neutrogena T-gel shampoo and let is sit in my hair for about 5min then shampooed with creme of nature shampo and finished as I normally would. It stopped the itching. I only have to use it a few times a year.

Kalayani

I had really bad dry and itchy scalp and what really help me was Kercare Dry & Itchy Scalp Shampoo and Mizani Comfiderm Scalp Oil

Tee

I think a light scalp oil will really help you out. If you want to avoid the oils, try a moisturizing mist. I have a few that I really love.

Lavendar

Letitia said:
I think a light scalp oil will really help you out. If you want to avoid the oils, try a moisturizing mist. I have a few that I really love.

Which mists do you suggest Letitia? I tried Dove and it really dried my hair out.:(

SaintLuxe

thanks everybody!!! i ended up trying a scalp treament w/Olive oil, garlic, cayenne, & ACV...and my scalp feels pretty good for now. i also may try that Neutrogena T-Gel if my itchies come back.

Divine Inspiration

stargazer613 said:
I recommend jojoba oil on the scalp and discontinue using shampoos with SLS/ALS. If possible, use a natural/organic shampoo and see if that helps alleviate your symptoms.:)

:yep: This was going to be my next suggestion since you don't use anything on your scalp. You may also want to be sure you're clarifying well. Buildup on your scalp will cause itching and dryness.