Anyone Actually Like Using Oil Moisturizers?

It's said all the time that oil moisturizers are no good for our hair and that water based moisturizers are the best...just wondering if anyone actually likes using oil moisturizers? If so, whats a good one that you have found?

ForestRose

I usually use water, kknt and shea butter which usually works. Most people use a combination and not just oil or water based

overtherainbow

I moisturize regularly with EVCO, does that count? I find that water based moisturizers can make my porous hair brittle if I use too much.
Other than that, I'm not a fan of store brought oil based moisturizers. They're either packed with cones or do not contain penetrating oils.

kellistarr

Before Leave-In's, there was Oil Moisturizer. During my relaxed hair life, oil moisturizers worked great on my dry hair. I'd just use a bit to smooth my hair and add shine. Most of them have water as an ingredient (usually the first ingredient) and that provided enough moisture to smooth my relaxed hair. Now, I use oil moisturizer on my wet/damp, natural hair as a leave-in. These days, the moisturizers are formulated with nourishing oils, in addition, to mineral oil which doesn't bother me. I also use it as a sealant and as a heat protector when I use my diffuser. Oil moisturizers are usually quite affordable and last a long time. The key for me is to use a minimal amount and use on wet hair. Two "likes" are Elasta QP Recovery and Cantu Shea Butter daily oil moisturizer.

Kindheart

Jane carters nourishing pomade is awesome . It won't moisturise but it's nourishing and softening

NaturallyATLPCH

Before Leave-In's, there was Oil Moisturizer. During my relaxed hair life, oil moisturizers worked great on my dry hair. I'd just use a bit to smooth my hair and add shine. Most of them have water as an ingredient (usually the first ingredient) and that provided enough moisture to smooth my relaxed hair. Now, I use oil moisturizer on my wet/damp, natural hair as a leave-in. These days, the moisturizers are formulated with nourishing oils, in addition, to mineral oil which doesn't bother me. I also use it as a sealant and as a heat protector when I use my diffuser. Oil moisturizers are usually quite affordable and last a long time. The key for me is to use a minimal amount and use on wet hair. Two "likes" are Elasta QP Recovery and Cantu Shea Butter daily oil moisturizer.

So they are basically the same thing, just marketed differently because of the natural hair demand.

kellistarr

So they are basically the same thing, just marketed differently because of the natural hair demand.

IMHO it's the same thing with slight variances. In my hair both work best when wet. Oil moisturizers make great sealants; not all leave-ins do. Oil moisturizers play well with all the stylers that I use (mostly gels); some leave-ins are finicky. As a leave-in, I don't have to use as much oil moisturizer as I do "leave-in" because of the "oil" factor, so it lasts a long time. I believe oil moisturizers earned their bad rep because people were applying to dry hair and just getting greasy results. Before natural hair craze, the thought of applying it to wet hair and then blow drying or styling was unheard of. To me, it's the same thing and cheaper and good all around since a lot of companies upgraded the oils that are used.