Anyone considering braiding or....

Leshia

am I the only one? I'm in a fashion rut since I'm not blowdrying or curling. I'm just washing and "bunning" and I'm kinda' tired of it. I'm going into braids--anyone else considering it too??

Faith

Londongirl I feel ya. I have been promising pics of my hair out for over 3 years...LOL! I'm just too lazy to stop the braids. I take them out but after a day or two of combing/having to deal with my hair I go right back into braids again...it's bad...really bad. I'm so dependent on braids. Like I told Adrienne long ago, I think I'm hooked on kanekalon. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Do the braids and enjoy them but make sure you know how to find your way back to the land of the non-braiders...I'm serious, and send help for me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

L

legs71

I've been in braids for the last 3 years and every 6 months I claim I'm taking out my braids. LOL, it's funny because I was going post something asking how to make the transition. I think with me it's sheer laziness and fear of messing up all my progress. I keep making excuses not to take them out. Right now my hair is shoulder length on the sides and about 4 inches past the base of my neck in the back. 2-3 more inches will bring me to armpit length on the sides and midback which is my goal. I figure I won't ditch the braids completely once I meet my goal. I'll probably just wear braids for 2-3 months, take them out, have my hair pressed and wrapped for a month or so and then back to braids. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif/images/graemlins/drunk.gif/images/graemlins/drunk.gif/images/graemlins/drunk.gif

londongirl3

Land of the unbraided.......what is that?? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm exactly the same, I try to take care of my hair but after a week of wrapping a scarf round my head I go back to the braids. I have just done the big chop so maybe at the end of the year when I have some length to my hair I will return to that unknown land.......maybe /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Julia

I am thinking of this too. However, I have never had braids before so I am looking for precise directions on a good braid regime. If I get them I will start out with big ones incase I want to exit the style quickly. I have noticed that some of the girls in my church with some interesting styles and have been asking them about them. I have been wearing the draw string ponytail for the past week, but I feel that it may be stressing my hair and I do not want my hair line to get thin.

I am definately considering braids /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa

Hie my name's ngaa and i'm a braid-aholic /images/graemlins/wave.gif

The first step is in realisin u got a problem rite?? I'm one of those pple who'd send the kanekalon manufactures to filin for bankrupcy if i ever stopped wearin braids....i love my braids so much but then at the same time considerin that i really aint got another protective style for my hair wen i cut it in feb, then wearin braids and cornrows is the only way that i can think of of wearin my hair till i can wear it in a pony tail which hopefully will be by christms time /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

hairfanatic

Well, you know I am definately considering braids again but this time with THE HUMAN HAIR! /images/graemlins/smile.gif If it doesn't work with the human hair then my red flag will be raised for good. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Leshia

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Faith said:
make sure you know how to find your way back to the land of the non-braiders...I'm serious, and send help for me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ebony

i am also considering braids..or possibly throwing my weave back in...it's so addictive! i need to do something, but i guess i'm trying to get a job first b4 making my mind up. if i do decide to get braids, i cannot have box braids around my hairline. i know they will weigh my thin/med hair down. i am considering cornrolls like beyonce in the video with her and j-z. i'm looking for a good pic of her with that hairstyle..and i'd only wear human hair. otherwise, i'll go right back to my weave. oh, i also haven't had braids since i was 15.