Anyone fighting the urge to highlight hair?

CHANTS....do it.do it.do it! :giggle:

Seriously, if your hair is healthy and breakage free, go for it. You can always start small with darker colors and only a few highlights. The potential for damage increases once you start using bleach.

Also, let the pros handle it!!!! :yep:

One final tip, don't get the area right in the front colored (the bang area) - this way as the roots come in it isn't as noticeable. Or, you can do what I think is really cute...peekaboo highlights. Basically the top layer of your hair is left alone and the color is put underneath the top layer. The colors peek out and look really subtle and cute.

My issues began once I started using bleach, but I switched to an Aveda colorist and it's pretty much been smooth sailing. I've been colored now going on 3 years and I'm not sick of it yet. :gorgeous: I do plan on darkening my highlights a bit though - my avi shows how blonde they are now, and my siggy shows where I started (subtle caramel strips).

Butterfly - What color does your Aveda colorist use on your hair? Your highlights are beautiful. I have had highlights in the past, but my hair suffered. Is your colorist African American?

Highlights? No. Dying my whole head dark red? Yes. I have red hair envy. But I'm in the middle of transitioning right now, so I'm trying to keep things simple.

Back