I'm fighting the urge to cut....

Lucia

I'm fighting the urge to cut my hair...

I'm sooo close to my goal I can taste it, can I say that :lol: anyway I just did a mini-update and I have some very small 1/16" splits in some places my hair grows in a V-shape (I didn't notice that before) and the total length is uneven and to get blunt I'd have to go back to just touching LBSL, for U-shape just BBSL barely that would set me back @ least 6 months or I could just do a S&D mission on the offending ends. BTW last time I got it cut by a prof. it was cut in a almost blunt U-sahpe.
What do you ladies think?Suggestions please

click Regime for pics. scroll down, right b/4 attched pics

Last edited:

CarLiTa

i say search and destroy!! lol i didnt even see the pix you're talking about. if the splits are that small, then just trim them quickly. There's nothing wrong with Vshape hair, honey, unless you want a blunt cut.

i'm going to trim 1" or so from my hair AND do a search and destroy so i can be worry-free for the next 4 months or so.

Lucia

CarLiTa said:
i say search and destroy!! lol i didnt even see the pix you're talking about. if the splits are that small, then just trim them quickly. There's nothing wrong with Vshape hair, honey, unless you want a blunt cut.

i'm going to trim 1" or so from my hair AND do a search and destroy so i can be worry-free for the next 4 months or so.

They may come out big I'll try and post them and links

middle Feb 2006

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y133/Lucia3k/e51cf214.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y133/Lucia3k/494e4158.jpg

Last edited:

MizaniMami

Oh my, your hair is long! In your case, if you cut that tip off you would be losing a lot of length...

:scratchch Hmmm, Have you ever had a blunt cut before or is this the way your hair grows in?

If you know you are capable of having a blunt cut, honestly,if I had your hair I would cut it only about 4 inches ( to the top of your lace bra)

But if this is the way your hair grows in and you know it would only grow back this way, I would say leave it alone!

beyondcute

Honestly I like blunt cuts so Im thinking go for it. Youll still have LOTS of hair. BUT if you dont like cutting seek and destroy sounds better.

Lucia

MizaniMami said:
Oh my, your hair is long! In your case, if you cut that tip off you would be losing a lot of length...

:scratchch Hmmm, Have you ever had a blunt cut before or is this the way your hair grows in?

If you know you are capable of having a blunt cut, honestly,if I had your hair I would cut it only about 4 inches ( to the top of your lace bra)

But if this is the way your hair grows in and you know it would only grow back this way, I would say leave it alone!

My shorter lengths are about mid-low BSL, I had it cut a long while b/4 this and it was slight U almost blunt cut but she cut too much and I was back @ just touching TBSL. I'm just finding out now that my hair grows like this. Thanks
Mizani, Beyondcute, and Carlita for the advice, I don't want to mess up now that I'm so close you know. I think I'll just S&D because if I go get it cut and the stylists cuts above BSL like what happened b/4, I'll be too mad @ myself.

Last edited:

Lucia

senimoni said:
Ok, you are killing me, what is tbsl, bbsl and lbsl?? I'm at a loss.

TBSL=top bra strap length
BBSL=Below Bra strap length, passed the lowest part of the bra strap
LBSL=Lower Bra strap length

Iluvsmuhgrass

Don't do it..... :(

Girl I thought I wanted my layers back and got them. How bout I lost like three inches of length at the front and sides. My hair had made HUGE progress too. I was so mad at myself. :mad: So now it's back to cornrowing, wiggin, mtg'ing, and deep conditioning.

senimoni

Lucia said:
TBSL=top bra strap length
BBSL=Below Bra strap length, passed the lowest part of the bra strap
LBSL=Lower Bra strap length
Oh see I was making stuff up, I had blunt and layered, but couldn't come up with something for T.

Lucia

Thanks ladies,
Ok, so today I'm doing an S&D on the offensive ends, then I'm braiding it back up until July 2 months, I'll keep spraying and moisturizing and w/ good growth retaintion maybe my hair just grows past this stage and to my next goal, since I'm not watching it.